What Are Your Most Anticipated Games of 2022?

1. Modern Warfare 2
  2. Saint’s Row
  3. Starfield
  4. Dune Spice Wars

I really loved playing MW 2019 online with friends and hope a new one will revive those online gaming sessions.

Saint’s Row looks fantastic, bummer that it is delayed to August.

Starfield looks like something that might pull me into another RPG and having played the old Dune RTS game, I look forward to a new one.

1. Starfield
  2. Redfall
  3. A Plague Tale Requiem
  4. Stalker 2
  5. Weird West
  6. Pentiment
  7. Replaced
  8. Somerville
  9. Forza Motorsport
2 Likes

I’m really not feeling next year. Starfield is probably the only game I would have bought Day 1, and that is at the end of the year.

A few im excited for.

• Signalis
  • Chinatown Detective Agency
  • She Dreams Elsewhere
  • Small Saga
  • The Last Faith
  • Lightyear Frontier
  • Bushiden
  • Atomic Heart
  • System Shock Remake
  • Backbone sequel. Was announced last week. 😁
  • Pharaoh A New Era plus whatever else Dotemu releases. Im into 90% of their stuff.
I usually try to make a list but sometimes I forget I even made one.
1 Like

1- KOF15 : I know it’s 10/5 on my scale at max, like Samurai Showdown before it, but curious if it can exceed my expectations.

2- Saints Row : it’s been a couple of years since I played that concept of games, feels I’m ready for more and hopefully the main campaign missions will be something special as usual.

Didn’t count other platforms cause I like playing on Xbox consoles, even Switch OLED didn’t suit me and my total playtime is couple of ours only. Halo, Forza, Gears turned into more of same category, cant hype for them like other games, still no sign for other XGS projects when could be released. Bethesda is not on my top 5 publishers and last game I finished was DOOM 2016 so there no way my hype could comes from its current IPs, but still interested in Ghostwire Tokyo and waiting to know more about the game. That’s 2022 for me : )

I just watched Brad Sams’ latest video titled What’s next for Xbox in 2022 and he brought my attention to a game called Replaced. Or, rather, re-brought my attention, as I do remember hearing about this but apparently it fell below my radar.

At any rate, it looks spectacular and I’m gonna have to add it to my top 10 anticipated list. Unfortunately pushing Tunic off of the number 10 spot.

If you’ve been sleeping on this like I have, I recommend checking out the trailer:

1 Like

Breath of the wild 2, Stalker 2, Starfield, Halo infinite single player DLC

1 Like

Gotham Knights purely for the Co-Op with my wee lad.

I’d love Hogwarts RPG to get released but I can see that being 2023.

Starfield is a no brainer, even of it’s just based on how good Skyrim was at the time.

I think Redfall could turn out to be a cracker Co-Op game.

Elden Ring is most likely getting bought.

Stalker 2 will also be played.

Most anticipated though is for BF 2042 to get it’s arse in order next year.

1. Starfield

2. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

3. Gotham Knights

4. Whatever Netherrealm’s working on (it HAS to come out next year, right?)

5. LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

6. Multiversus

wow 5 out of those 6 are licensed games. What are you doing on this forum? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Patiently waiting for a new Killer Instinct…

3 Likes

same :fist: :pensive:

3 Likes

In no particular order:

• Starfield
  • Redfall
  • STALKER 2
  • Gotham Knights
  • Suicide Squad
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Scorn

Games I didnt include because Im not convinced they come out in 2022

• Breath of the Wild 2
  • God of War
1 Like

Elden Ring is my most anticipated :smiley:

3 Likes
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel
  2. Starfield
  3. Hogwarts Legacy
  4. Somerville
  5. The Callisto Protocol
  6. Dead Space
  7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  8. Redfall
  9. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
  10. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Shout Out to Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Stray, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, Metal Slug Tactics, and GhostWire: Tokyo.

1 Like

In no Order

Forza 8

Starfield

Fable

CrossFire X

Stalker 2

Avtar

Sonic

Hellblade 2

I’ll be tallying up these votes within the next day or two however will leave the thread open for discussion.

Personally, I find 2022 to be one of the most exciting years for gaming in a long time. For me, it’s because of the unusually high number of new IPs. I’m keeping my list here contained to games that will be on Xbox however God of War would certainly crack my top 5 if it comes out in 2022.

1. Miyazaki leads my favorite single-player experiences with Soulsbourne and Sekiro games so Elden Ring leads my list as it looks like a smart evolution to open world design. As someone who’s been burned out by traditional 3rd person open-world games, everything FromSoftware has shown thus far indicates this is a Soulsbourn-ass game that misses the troupes that other AAA open worlds fall into while maintaining the studio’s identity.

2. Bethesda single-player games are 2nd only to Rockstar in terms of the combination of sheer number of players and long-term engagement. Walking out of the dungeon into the open world of Oblivion was my first real “next-gen” moment for the 360. Hearing Todd Howard saying there will be two of those in conjunction with their biggest engine update since Oblivion makes me believe Starfield will be the ambitious next-gen only game that makes people realize why they needed new hardware.

3. I consider Arkane one of the smartest level designers in gaming and seeing them take that talent to something that may have more mainstream appeal while gaining exposure through Game Pass is extremely interesting. Redfall is a risk that will either be a break-out game for Arkane with the masses or could miss both the mainstream and their core audiences. Knowing that Microsoft isn’t going to rush them or force it out if things aren’t right, I’m expecting the former rather than a Youngblood type of situation.

4. The first Plague Tale was one of my personal stand-out discoveries on Game Pass and I was taken back by how well Asobo was able to build a world and tell a story with a small team. They left a lot of story hooks and A Plague Tale: Requiem is currently the gaming story I’m looking forward to most in 2022.

5. Inside was one of the most mesmerizing and memorable experiences last generation so seeing one of its co-creators bring a similar eery and mysterious tone to Somerville has me looking forward to the inevitable discussions of trying to figure out what just happened once again.

6. Forza Motorsport intrigues me due to the fact that Turn 10 has been one of the most consistent and technically competent studios for over a decade and a half and have never had this much time to build something. An engine rebuild focused on leveraging next-gen tech by one of the industry’s top technical studios should produce something impressive.

7. I discovered the addicting nature of the combat in Batman franchise for the first time this year and am now looking forward to more of it with new wrinkles in Gotham Knights.

8. Along with my discovery of Batman’s gameplay loop was a realization that Rocksteady once were leaders in gameplay since what they created in Arkham Asylum was eventually copied by others. Seeing them have their hands untied a bit with Suicide Squad means they have an opportunity to find new ways to create an addicting gameplay loop.

9. Replaced has my attention due to a unique and creative art style combined with a serious and brutal tone that we don’t see in a lot of good-looking 2D side-scrolling action games.

10. I’d rate STALKER 2 higher if the sheer scale of it wasn’t so daunting however this is currently one of the most immersive-looking experiences to launch next year. Looks like the type of game you want to experience even if it’s not something a lot of people will have the stamina to beat.

Altogether, this could be the freshest lineup of my most played games on the Xbox platform in years. Add in the expected drop of Halo content along with over half of my most anticipated games being guaranteed plays and being able to talk about them with a big portion of the community due to being on Game Pass, this should be one hell of a gaming year.

6 Likes

OneBasedMutha

1 Like
  1. God of War
  2. Starfield
  3. Hogwarts Legacy
  4. Elden Ring
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn
1 Like

lol

1 Like