What are you currently playing?

Hey everyone! I’m new here since I picked up a Series S over the weekend and I’m having a great time. I’m currently playing Forza Horizon 5 and this series is right up my alley. I think there’s a bit too much desert and I tend to not be a huge fan of desert settings in games, but the fact that I’m really enjoying despite that speaks a lot about the sheer quality of this game.

10 Likes

This game has to be one of the most addictive gameplay formulas I had my pleasure of playing in years. It’s a weird mixture of bullet hell shooter, the hoard management of games like Serious Sam, roguelikes and those idle RPGs where you can automate attacks.

You start with one of a vast cast of playable characters, usually with a fairly weak automatic attack such as blades that are automatically thrown every x seconds, a lightning bolt that hits a random enemy at specified intervals, and so on. The player needs to navigate through increasingly numerous and tough enemies, trying to work with these automated attacks as best as possible. Killing enemies earns collectable XP gems, which then allows unlocking up to 6 automated attacks and 6 perks, all of which can be upgraded many times as well.

If initially it’s a waiting game, trying to manouver between a couple dozens of enemies as we try to line up our automated attacks, as the minutes go on it becomes a non-stop barrage of lethal attacks against hundreds of enemies filling the screen, where the decisions of which weapons/upgrades we took and in which order is extremely important to guarantee a sufficient DPS to stay alive, even more so than the actual walking on a tight rope in the sea of enemies. It’s a survival match with a fixed goal: survive 30 minutes, and the win is yours.

Each match, you collect money, either via coins on the ground or via loot that pops up from bosses and minibosses. This can then be used to buy some permanent upgrades to our firepower and resistance, alongside new characters that are a mixture in style and naming of Castlevania and other vampire references and puns in Italian, since the game was done almost entirely by a single dev of Italian origins. One recent update added the NFT, Nduja Fritta Tanto, a funny food-related pun for an OP power-up that really is fun to use in the game.

The game is currently only available on PC (there’s an outdated and broken mobile version, but ignore that), but it’s under 3 dollars and runs on any potato PC. We’re talking Pentium 4 and 1GB RAM, folks. The gameplay loop is ridiculously addictive, the humor is on point, and it’s so easy to waste hours trying to push new strategies on increasingly crowded arenas. I can see this one keep a spot in my yearly top 10, and it’s still in Early Access - very frequent updates are already keeping the game fresh and varied, however. Give it a shot!

Bayonetta. I’ve beat this game so many times on Xbox 360 but never bought the anniversary edition. Now I’m working my way through it again. Its still my favorite character action game.

1 Like

Waiting on getting COD Black Ops Cold War from GameFly. Hoping I get it today as I want to just zoom through the campaign before Dying Light 2 on Friday.

Haven’t updated my current playlist in some time!

Right now, I’m digging a bit deeper into Boyfriend Dungeon as it’s the current game my “video game book club” is playing together for discussion.

I’ve spent a dozen or so hours in Death Stranding Director’s Cut. This is such an odd game. I despise it yet I love it? It’s so puzzling, obtuse, dumb, genius, unique, and trash at the same time.

I’m also dabbling with the Vasara Collection on Switch and Archvale on Xbox. Looking forward to Pokémon Arceus, Dying Light 2, Horizon Forbidden West, and of course Elden Ring. Too many darn games!

1 Like

Halo Infinite is part of my constant rotation while I play through Guardians of the Galaxy on Series X and Spider-Man Remastered on the PS5. I’m REALLY enjoying both of these games and am about halfway through the campaigns going back and forth.

I am looking forward to starting Nobody Saves the World soon.

I’ll eventually play Dying Light 2, Horizon and Elden Ring but I’ll be watching closely and buying one or two of them at first based on impressions and what I’m feeling in the mood for. Leaning towards Dying Light 2 on the Series X and then Horizon later this month.

2 Likes

Finished: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Playing:

Disco Elysium

South Park The Fractured But Whole

3 Likes

Just finished Crysis 2, which was pretty good. Much better than the first one. Now I’ve started The Medium since that’s leaving Game Pass on the 15th. Seems decent so far!

Finally finished my exam period. Two weeks off now :yum:

Currently playing Persona 4 Golden on PC, Xenoblade Definitive on Switch and FFXIII-2 via Series S BC. It’s crazy how FFXIII-2 holds up as well, it looks phenomenal for a game of its age and the controls are already a major step up over the original game.

1 Like

I keep telling myself ill play through it again but hearing you talk about it is tempting me go download it before I forget again. It’s definitely my favorite of the trilogy, from the monster capturing to the crazy paradox endings. I remember the green Chocobo being a really good medic, was usually a monster I kept on my team.

Beat Record of Lodoss last week enjoyed and just beat Astria Ascending liked it as well then just started Death’s Door last night and really not feeling it most likely going to drop it

Started The Medium now that they’re taking it off Gamepass. To be honest, I’m enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

1 Like

Same! It’s actually good!? I’ve been lied to…

Was playing the Expeditions in Outriders, trying to unlock more mods before the Worldslayer expansion releases.

But tomorrow, DYING LIGHT 2 baby!!! :joy:

Minecraft Dungeons. A lot better than I initially heard, or maybe it’s been improved since launch. I haven’t played any diablo games or other dungeon crawlers before, and after playing this, I’ll give em a try sometime.

Replaying Fallout 4, using the mod Sim Settlements, Sim Settlements rise of the common wealth and Sim Settlements nobody’s leader, and all I can say after trying out the city planner feature is: I really hope Bethesda brought this mods creators/team to work on Starfields base building because it would so make it worth it for people that don’t want to build anything but what to play the game to its fullest.

In the mods, you can pick a leader for each settlement using the city planner table, and almost immediately yo suddenly start floating off in mto the air flying around the settlement. As music starts playing I see that Marcy started to work on laying out a settlement, and when I came back to my characters body she had build this set up.

To start the building of rooms and work spaces for everyone in the settlement.

The building in this mod just keeps getting better and all we would need to do is add material to the workshop.

1 Like

Outer worlds 2 DLC, just finished Peril on Gorgon and pretty much all of the achievements (related to the DLC) have been rare. Remember reading ages ago that story based DLC were not really worth the investment as few people bought them. Small sample I know but backs the theory up.

got a new gpu finally and been playing days gone. probably the best game i played in years.

Started Lost Judgment last week, currently I am on Chapter 3 but already at 35 hours and what an awesome game this is! Those mini games man…must be the best mini-games that I’ve ever seen in a game. Incredibly fleshed out in terms of content and mechanics (all play awesome!), the skate races and boxing in particular are so freakin’ good.

The main plot is also very intriguing and Yagami is such a cool character. Also really like the stealth and chase sections as they offer a good deal of variety to the missions. Combat is really really good too with the 3 different styles and tons of moves and abilities to unlock! Loving the game so far and I can’t wait to play more tonight to see more of those crazy side stories! :gimme:

2 Likes

I started playing crash bandicoot 4 and I really enjoyed it, it gave me a very nice feeling close to the experience that I felt when I played the first part in the 90s, the series is awesome and I hope the development will be arranged between it and Spyro, I am in the middle of the game but the initial rating is 8.5/10 :fox_face: :fox_face:

1 Like