What are you currently playing?

Yea I’ll add you when I get home. I’m in Ohio, also EST

1 Like

Doing a Hard Metroid Dread playthrough (what an amazing game), started Visage a few days ago which is pretty good thus far (currently at around 5-6 hrs playtime) and yesterday I started Forza Horizon 5 which is amazing…such a fun series. Playing the Horizon games always make me smile and feel happy after a game session and that’s a big part of why I love the series so much. :partying_face:

I’m trying to finish Horizon 3, I started Hades, and I am doing some daily challenges in Vigor.

While playing Horizon 3 I was listening to a podcast and I guess I finished the game because I finished the final showcase? I still have a lot of races to do, I feel like I’m halfway through in that regard, but I finished the showcase and then the credits roll? Again I wasn’t paying attention to what was being said in the game because I was listening to a podcast.

I have to say it felt so anti-climactic that it felt like a joke. In the first Horizon game you’re meant to be a person proving themselves and then winning the whole event. The second one evolved from that. And then in the third one I thought the whole basis was at you are growing and cultivating this festival. So I figured the end game was to max out all of your festival locations to make it the best festival of all.

So anyways I think I’ll try to finish most of those races remaining because each festival location has very different track feel and layouts and I want to experience it all but it just seems so silly that the game would “end” like that. I don’t think I’ve even done one race at Surfer’s Paradise yet, either!

• Finished Season 7 (season 4 re-run) in The Division 2. Kind of predicted the ending but it was enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing what their new content is in 2022.

• Played Returnal for 4 hours and dropped it. Really wish it was straightforward 15+ hour game instead of being a roguelike game. UGH. Oh well.

• Purchased Lost Judgment and will pick it up tomorrow at GameStop. Not sure if I play it before or after Halo Infinite as im in the mood to play through Outriders right now for the 4th time since their New Horizon update came out today. Lost Judgment rounds out my 2021 game list which consists of 10 games.

Playing Halo Infinite MP, Some Forza Horizon 5, ESO and Skyrim.

Skyrim is the game I’m putting the most focused on currently and I just finished doing the Dark Brotherhood questline, as an Illusion assassin aka a night blade. Although the entirety of the illusions I used where just muffle to silent my characters footsteps and invisibility to sneak up on enemies and get the dagger times 30 damage sneak attack. I’m just about finished building my conjuration build for the Dawnguard DLC, and I’m tired because a magic resistance necklace/ring refuses to spawn and when it does (once I wished I bought it, but I thought I needed the 20%), it’s only 10 percent.

Started playing Psychonauts 2 yesterday, these types of games aren’t usually my thing but I do enjoy Double Fine games. Going to leave Halo’s campaign until Christmas so I can move my backlog on a bit more but temptation may destroy that.

Been jumping between Halo MP, FH5 and some Minecraft, just waiting for the Halo campaign. Finally the wait is over tonight!

Halo Campaign…or I will as soon as the servers stop getting hammered and I can load the thing. :grinning:

Skyrim is still the game I’m giving most of my attention too, doing the Thieves guild as a heavy armored soldier so I plan to fight my way through everything on legendary instead of sneaking around.

Nier Replicant

Just over 9 hours into the game and if you can get past the outdated graphics/visuals, this game is really good. Don’t think it’s better than Automata but really enjoying the game and trying to do every side quest since I know the game is split into the first half and the second half to where once you get to the second half, you can no longer complete the side quests from the first half.

Since it’s winter and a new update dropped I decided to go back to The Long Dark. The new prison area is interesting, and still be difficult if you don’t know the layout of the area.

I think my main game i’ve been playing is Atomicrops on Game Pass. It’s fun if your not looking to play something too serious, but it can get kinda bullethell-ish when fighting a boss with a bunch of minions shooting at you, but I really like the game. Im considering buying it.

In between those two im trying to get through some games on my Vita, and im starting with Final Fantasy 6. Its definitely an older game but im liking how story moments don’t drag on for too long. I also wish Square would visit the old character designs where everyone looks like they were designed by gypsies with the beads and different colored clothing. It’s just a style they completely abandoned in the modern FF games, it gave the characters a more ethereal feel that’s absent in the modern games.

1 Like

I’m taking my time with Halo Infinite. I’ve mostly played multiplayer while slowly exploring the ring and missions in the campaign. I’m having so much fun trying to see what I can uncover while helping marines, clearing outposts, etc. It’s been my go to game along with Forza.

I’m also playing God of War for the first time. We now have a PS5 and I bought a disc copy for $10. This Christmas I’ll be playing Spider-man as well.

I completed The Artful Escape on Game Pass earlier this week.

1 Like

Beaten Halo Infinite 5 times already. Working on a 6th (halfway thru). Think I am about 60 hrs in total for campaign atm. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Been at the in-laws for the past several days and is playing through Backbone via xCloud and am really enjoying it. Definitely recommend it for anyone interested in a story-driven game with gorgeous pixel art.

3 Likes

got sonic colors ultimate for christmas been switching between that and halo infinite

1 Like

Recently completed the main story for Fallout 3, and to be honest I still prefer Fallout 4 overall. It was pretty good but I didn’t think that anything on Fallout 3 was better overall and I definitely prefer the simplified rpg mechanics that they went with 4 as it allows for better builds in my opinion.

After Backbone, I fired up Metroid: Zero Mission and am about halfway through that. It’s my first time with it, and I feel like it’s a masterclass on how to do remakes. Nicely upgraded graphics, some new features and enemies, all the while retaining the overall vibe and structure of the original.

Now that I’m home though, I’m back on the Halo Infinite campaign. Just hijacked my first Banshee, and have been enjoying raining death upon unsuspecting Banished, perhaps a little too much.

1 Like

Finished Nier Replicant the other day. Great 8.0/10 overall.

May replay The Siege of Paris expansion for AC Valhalla since I uninstalled it all back before I knew about the upcoming expansion and because of that, I didn’t have it saved in the cloud which starting with Halo Infinite, I do for every game.

If not, I will start Biomutant on Monday to conclude my 2021 backlog/game list.

JUST FINISHED THESE GAMES

PSYCHONOTS 2

YAKUZA: LIKE A DRAGON

SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER

THE ASCENT

TWELVE MINUTES

UNPACKING

Thinking about starting Disco Elysium or RDR2

4 Likes

Nice list!

Loved Psychonauts 2 and Like a Dragon and had a good time with Twelve Minutes. Didn’t feel The Ascent when I tried it near launch but I will give it a try again sometime in the future for sure.

As to what I am playing lately…I finished Halo Infinite on Legendary which was fuckin’ amazing, continue to play almost daily Forza Horizon 5 and started two days ago The Gunk which I really enjoy thus far. Creaks and Lost Judgment are the next games on my “to play” list. Maybe I’ll squeeze Ender Lilies between Creaks and Lost Judgment too. :nerd_face:

1 Like