What are you currently playing?

I think my lack of enthusiasm for Part II’s story comes from my preference for more simplistic and tight narratives like that in Part I. I also really like world-building which of course happens less in sequels. That said, I really liked Abby’s and Lev’s side of the story.

Yeah, HBO will absolutely do a great job with Part II’s story.

1 Like

100%, probably my favorite parts of the story.

1 Like

Played quite some Modern Warfare 2 beta, loved it. Felt right at home after skipping the last two CoD releases.

Looking forward to the release, going to a vacation home with friends that weekend so I’ll be sure to bring my XBox. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Started playing some Cyberpunk last week because of all the Edgerunners hype, but because of Fiona I’m stuck without power and flaky cellular data so I dug out my Vita and started playing some Freedom Wars.

What should I play first?

Fallout 4 or Fable Anniversary?

FO4 - fable hasn’t aged well. If you want a fallout style game, Outer Worlds does it better

No it doesn’t, Outer Worlds a good game, but Fallout is just as much about the world as it’s the story thanks to Bethesda approach to world building. Frankly as good as Obsidian is when it comes to world building with their writing they aren’t as good when it comes to the environmental story.

Deathloop and Finishing up all the achievements in Soul Hackers 2

Started a few things last night:

• Started Deathloop, didnt get very far as it was getting late.
  • Started Cult of the Lamb and love it so far.
  • Finally started Grounded. I played it for an hour or two when it first his game pass but decided that I would wait till the officially release. That day is here and I LOVE it.
  • Prodeus. Game is 100% pure awesome.
  • Played a little bit of Moonscars. Like everything about it other than the souls-like element

How can you play five different games in one night :rofl:

I can’t start a new game without finishing the one I’m playing.

Im a dabbler. Lol.

I will play a few things and decide which ones, if any, I am going to finish and which ones Im going to abandon. In this case Moonscars is likely getting uninstalled, Grounded, Cult of the Lamb, and Prodeus will get prioritized.

I am also notorious for playing half of things. Like Ill make it 50-75% of they way through a game and then just…stop playing it. Im just like “alright, Ive seen enough of this…”

5 Likes

Rest in peace Coolio!

2 Likes

Jesus, my bad. I read the thread as what are you listening to.

1 Like

I have been playing Fire Emblem on GBA and the Mass Effect Legendary Collection. Finished getting all the achievements in Mass Effect 2 nights ago and started Deathloop last night. Its weird I knew Deathloop was an Arkane game but didn’t realize how much of an Arkane game it would feel like. The trailers made it seem different which actually has me excited for Redfall now. Only played about an hour but my skill in playing Dishonored and Prey came right back to me.

I bought Valkyrie Elysium digitally for PS5 since not a single GameStop in my state had the game available. Played just over 5 hours. On chapter 3. I liked the demo and enjoying the base game a lot more because I upgraded my sword, acquired new skills and have more combos including finishers. I know the Open Critic score is a 68 or so but it’s closer to an 8.0/10 for me right now. My biggest complaint is the carrying capacity for potions and whatnot. It doesn’t go past 6 and it’s very annoying. Otherwise, no major issues. Playing on hard. Died once thus far.

I’m going to try and finish AI Somnium this weekend and will mix it up with some games of FIFA 23.

Found Medal of Honor: Warfighter in storage. The shooting is standard modern fps stuff and pretty mid tbh and the story jumps around so much i have no idea what this is about. But the second mission has maybe the best car chase sequence i have ever played. Wow, I’m very impressed.

I went back to Cyberpunk again, then I think I will finish AC Odyssey when I done. I cannot wait for the updated Witcher 3 to come out and I sure I spend 100’s of more hour in that game.

1 Like

I’ve started playing Corpse Party which I’m positively surprised got an Xbox release. First time playing this cult classic, figured it’s time with October being here. These death scenes are really brutal and the game is doing a great job at being very creepy with it’s limited presentation. And it’s completely unreliant on jumpscares which is awesome.

1 Like

Grounded

5 Likes