Watch Dogs: Legion |OT| Pigs In a Resistance

Description

WATCH DOGS: LEGION delivers a never-before-seen gameplay innovation that allows you to recruit and play as anyone you see in the iconic city of London. Every single character in the open world is playable, and everyone has a backstory, personality, and skill set that will help you personalize your own unique team. Recruit your friends and join the fight in online multiplayer to take back London in four-player co-op missions, end-game challenges, special game modes and events. Welcome to the Resistance!

Factsheet

• Release Date: October 29, 2020 (PS4, Xbox One, Windows and Stadia), November 10, 2020 (Xbox Series X|S) and November 12, 2020 (PS5)
  • Developer: Ubisoft Toronto
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Action-adventure
  • Official Website

Story

In the near future, London is facing its downfall. After devastating terror attacks rock the city, an all-seeing authoritarian state has oppressed the people, a corrupt private military corporation controls the streets, and a powerful crime syndicate is preying on the vulnerable. The fate of London lies with you, and your ability to recruit a resistance and fight back.

Versions

Contents

Pre-Order Bonus

Pre-order now and get the Golden King pack, featuring a golden mask, car skin, and two golden gun skins!

The Game

Build a resistance from anyone in the world as you fight to take back a near-future London facing its downfall. Experience a never-before-seen gameplay innovation that allows you to recruit and play any character. Everyone has a unique skill to help your team.

Season Pass

Season Pass includes:

• A major new story expansion with two episodes,
  • Extra Dedsec missions,
  • Four iconic heroes with unique abilities including Aiden Pearce,
  • And access to the original Watch_Dogs® Complete Edition!

Ultimate Pack

Ultimate Pack includes:

• The Urban Jungle Pack - 3 new unique playable characters
  • London Dissident Pack - 3 exclusive masks
  • 4 week VIP status

Collector’s Edition

Collector’s Edition includes:

• Lightning Ded Coronet Mask figurine
  • Instant access to Lightning Ded Coronet Mask in-game
  • Dedsec & Albion propaganda posters
  • Set of 3 Stickers
  • Exclusive Steelbook
  • Collector Box

PC Specs

Minimum Specs

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/GeForce GTX 1650
  • VRAM: 4 GB
  • RAM: 8 GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • Storage Space: 45 GB

Recommended Specs

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060/GeForce GTX 1660 Super
  • VRAM: 6 GB
  • RAM: 8 GB (Dual-channel setup)
  • Storage Space: 45 GB

Screenshots

Trailers

Gameplay Videos

Reviews

Coming soon

1 Like

Really wish they’d show this on the series X…

2 Likes

Yeah, but to be fair we haven’t seen any real footage on the PS5 aswell. We did see a glimpse of gameplay on the Series S (with Ray Tracing), and there are some One X gameplays on Youtube since the embargo lifted.

Already pre-ordered the base game at GameStop. Will pick up Thursday and will be the first game I play on Xbox Series X. Not concerned about visuals. The version that’s been shown is PC which looks great so I believe that the Xbox Series X version will be equal or very similar.

1 Like

Yeah Xbox have the marketing deal. Just a shame they haven’t shown next gen footage. My guess is it isn’t ready as they’d surely have allowed series X previews if it was. And ubisofts unusually detailed statement about next gen performance might mean we don’t see till release.

1 Like

I might be in the minority, but I really liked the tone of first game, and wish they kept that gritty feel. Anyways, this game does look solid, and I can’t wait to try it because it looks fun

2 Likes

I think that as the years go by, people are starting to realize that the first one was actually a great game and that Aiden was not that bad – a proof of that is that Aiden is actually coming back to Legion. I also prefer the first game’s more serious tone than the somewhat edgy stuff we got in the second game.

I was going to skip Legion, but seeing so many good previews convinced me to give it a try. And I’m so excited for it that I’m going to change my Xbox region to New Zealand to try to play the game in a few hours :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

According to Jeff Gertsmann, Watch Dogs Legion is an M rated game. The characters swear all the time, apparently. But the song lyrics are censored. Weird.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m interested in WD Legion and have it pre-ordered but it’s the 5th game out of the 5 games I have for Nov/Dec. in terms of hype. Definitely looking forward to the Ray Tracing and having the game located in London. Combat/gameplay looks good overall. Story/characters and music is my concern. Plus, the voice acting sounds bad.

My plan is to find a John Wick character and play the entire game with that character.

2 Likes

Wow, you made me take a look at the soundtrack and it made me even more excited! Blur, Bloc Party, Muse, Gorillaz… even Fatboy Slim’s The Rockafeller Skank!

Never played a Watch Dogs, probably not gonna play this one either unless people say that co-op stuff they add in December is great. But the tone of Watch Dogs 1 was a huge turn-off. Total dealbreaker, never even considered playing it. Watch Dogs 2 grabbed my attention MUCH more, I almost played it. And I did buy it.

Do you play any games out of co-op?

Some, but they’re rare. Ori is my GOTY. Just don’t know why I would waste my time, when I could be having so much more fun in games with other people.

Okay. Now I fully understand your concerns.

This isn’t the topic for that anyway, plus I’m sick of talking about it. I was just trying to illustrate that I think Watch Dogs 2 was much more appealing to me than 1.

I agree and you’re right. I just wanted to say that I now understand your point of view. That’s all. :slight_smile:

I played and completed Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2. Easily prefer the original game over the sequel. 8/10 for the original and 7/10 for the sequel. I’m expecting Legion to be an 8/10 for me but I don’t see myself liking it more than the original based on the videos I have watched but I’ll see how that all plays out when I play the game.

Had no intentions of getting this game, but then we got close to launch and I started to get suckered in for new games to play on next gen lol. Previews look pretty fun and I enjoyed the first one a lot. Would’ve got the 2nd one if they would’ve released an X Enhancement for it, but it just looked rough on the One X lol. Gonna play this on my One X and then compare it to the Series X version when I get my console. Sux that Little Hope comes out the same day, but that’s okay. Maybe play Watch Dogs in the day time and save the Little Hope horror for night. :wink:

Great OT btw Bruno! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to let you know, I think you can only do this if you bought the game on the NZ store. If you got a copy from a different store, don’t think it works when you change regions. I hope I’m wrong tho. I think it only works for Game Pass games, cuz those just have a “universal” license.

Yeah, I know it is not a guarantee :frowning: But it worked for me with DBZ Kakarot and FIFA 21 this year, so I have hope!

I think it might work for every game that has a local midnight release date, like Watch Dogs. It wasn’t possible for games like Tell Me Why and Wasteland 3 because they had a fixed release date, so there’s no use in switching regions

1 Like

Watched the opening 20 minutes of the game. Much better and more interesting than the opening of WD 2 in my opinion.

1 Like