Wasteland 3 score prediction

I voted 85-90, expecting it to end up somewhere around 86-87.

What was shown so far looks like a huge improvement over Wasteland 2, so I expect at least 4-5% higher review results on average.

For my taste I think it will be a 85+ game.

But if too many people review it, I believe it will score below 80ā€™s on average. Before MS acquisition, most sites didnā€™t bother to review inXile games. So mostly reviewers that care about this type of game actually play them. Now, as a XGS studio, more codes will be sended and probably many reviewers wonā€™t have the patience to play inXile games and scores will reflect that. I would be more than happy if Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like

Probably low 80ā€™s.

Doesnā€™t matter though, meta-scores are silly. You should find the individual reviewers you tend to agree with it and see what they have to say about the game. In this case though, itā€™s an Xbox Game Pass game soā€¦ just try it.

Itā€™ll be a 85-90 game that will score 80-85.

My guess is somewhere from 83-87. Not that I care about that, as I just hope itā€™s an excellent game and that Iā€™m going to enjoy it.

I believe the game is going to be great, but unfortunately it doesnā€™t fit the games media current idea of a ā€œgood gameā€: third person over the shoulder cinematic action with emotional moments.

1 Like

Have they talked about co-op recently? I remember a Fig update talking about amazing things like asynchronous play and keeping secrets from your co-op partner, but that was years ago. Iā€™m worried that cool shit got dropped.

Low 80 is realistic

You might be suprised but Pillars and Disco Elysium disagree with you :smiley:

Im pretty sure the game will be better than the second one, probably between 85-90 MC

I think it will be between 80 - 85, but I hope itā€™s even higher. Iā€™m really looking forward to this game.

honestly, the game is releasing in two weeks and Iā€™m not seeing enough marketing for this game smh, hopefully they get to that ASAP. I really hope it succeeds, Iā€™m super hyped for it.

MS Flight Sim been getting a lot of marketing at the moment and I guess theyā€™ll do it one by one, given how thereā€™s four XGS games releasing this month lol

Divinity: Original Sin II is another relatively recent game that was able to get great critical acclaim despite not being in the currently preferred ā€œmasterpieceā€ style.

lol guys, crpgs are in a revival of sorts. these games arenā€™t as unpopular as you think they are. Itā€™s very possible for this game to score in the 90s.

To be fair, itā€™s mostly Deep Silverā€™s job to market it. Microsoft got three other games that need marketing too. (And Tell Me Why isnā€™t getting much marketing either)

1 Like

80-90

Iā€™ve shown this also, Iā€™m not sure why anyone would think Wasteland 3 would score in the 70ā€™s :man_facepalming:

Itā€™s a great reference point. Thing to consider about Wasteland 2 is that it was primarily reviewed by enthusiasts of the genre for enthusiasts of the genre. I could see Wasteland 3 gaining more mainstream attention and therefore effecting itā€™s reception as this is not a genre for everyone. That said, I agree that it looks better in every way. I watched some beta playthroughs and itā€™s everything Iā€™m looking for as a fan of the genre.

1 Like

Between 80-85 and probably a bit higher than how Wasteland 2 fared in reviews, Iā€™m pretty damn excited for it from what I played from the backer Alpha a couple of month ago.