Wasteland 3 |OT| In Reagan's name!

I need a mode where i dont run out of ammo. I almost always find that annoying, lol. Right now im going from place to place to buy Energy Cells because dude at Ranger HQ didn’t have any.

This is awful, I absolutely adore this game, but it keeps crashing on a battle with Drools on Denver. This is a bonus encounter that you only get if you visit Denver later in the game, after finishing the first missions there. Which is sad, because it’s a really fun, ridiculous encounter with a shit ton of enemies. Extremely challenging, and I was having a ton of fun.

IMG_c549672c-561f-4c31-b483-d73022a11227

1 Like

I’ve been really enjoying my time with this game so far, but man I find this game hard. This is the first Wasteland game I’ve played ever and I’m not too familiar with this genre but I’m getting my ass kicked in most fights.

I think I might need to start over with a different class.

Is it worth using any of the default classes you can pick or creating your own?

Are you on console or PC?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClkUHCETNUph8vM-4gQpwUA

A lot of really great Wasteland 3 videos and different builds on this channel that are super effective. I would check it out if you can

Also keep in mind you can always create new rangers at HQ

Changed the thread subtitle. Those who have encountered a certain AI will probably know the quote :wink:

I’m on Xbox. I’ll check out the videos, cheers! I didn’t realise you can create new rangers so I’m currently just running around with my starting 2 and Lucia or someone I picked up along the way!

Did you pick up Marshall Kwon? He can be picked up before Lucia.

If he’s the guy I’m thinking of…

I think I tried to help him up, his guts spilled on the floor and he died…

I don’t think that’s him. Search around the Ranger HQ, around the entrance, and you’ll probably find bim there to be recruited.

Finished the game on Xbox tonight. The game crashed quite a few times so I saved the game a lot. Shouldn‘t happen, really. Outside of that, I loved my time with this title. Choices were hard and really mattered, both from a narrative as well as character skill point allocation perspective. I liked the battle system as well. Hope inXile goes fully 3D with their next game because immersion was at its best in those few scenes where they closed up on the characters. Really made them come to life.

1 Like

Could you tell how many hours did you play? I don’t know why I can’t see it on my Xbox.

No way to tell for me, really. It‘s not visible on the statistics section. I‘d assume 35-45 hours, but then I did reload a few saves and fought some battles twice to unlock more achievements. Playtime really depends on how many sidequests you want to solve, too.

1 Like

I hope the game gets a MASSIVE improvement on the Series X/PS5 I’m sure will inevitably get a directors cut edition so if the game gets to be unplayable for any of you I would just wait and come back to it later. After all its not going anywhere lol

1 Like

I’m nearing the end of the game, and WOW. I can’t quite remember a game that has made me feel as conflicted about my choices as this one in recent times. Amazing!

I’m hoping for that and a little bit of DLC, but maybe it’s too soon!

1 Like

Yep the game has insane replayability, great story and hard choices to make, really hope they bring a big director’s cut edition. One of my favourite game.

And this song, I love it so much. A classic!

1 Like

Freaking love that song. Such good music in this game, really interesting choices they went with.

1 Like

I went to listen to the original (had never listened to it) and I was like: whaaat, since it’s so wildly different from this cover.

2 Likes

I hate loading times as much as I hate the fucking Dorseys.

1 Like

I have finally finished Wasteland 3, and I do it with teary eyes. What a game, what an experience and an RPG. Filled with such choice, such consequence, rich stories, memorable characters and factions, funny dialogue, great tactics combat, deep RPG elements, full voice acting and remarkable soundtrack with some very interesting covers. Thank you so much for this game, InXile and Brian Fargo, can’t wait for your next project at Xbox Game Studios! You deserve all success in the world :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Updated the thread title because I loved the Morning Star AI too much :laughing:

1 Like