Video Game Market Analysis Thread

I have a feeling MS was holding back shipments to Japan until the price increase goes through. The Yen is pretty weak right now.

Shares of EA dropped 12% in after hours trading

Due to Jedi Order being delayed out of their current fiscal quarter.

As great as those numbers are for Sony, its crazier to think those numbers pale compared to how many have played GamePass titles.

6 Likes

It is a fun thought.

I wonder which has more value to a company.

I think I know my anwser lol.

1 Like

Microsoft is all about engagement and metrics so they are thrilled with high player counts as lower cost to entry

1 Like

I would imagine bundled copies are included in that? Been pretty much impossible to buy a PS5 here without GoW:R since November. Not much choice there lol.

1 Like

I dont think it even needs to be qualified, I mean if we just do quick mental math :

11 million copies x 69.99 we are looking at ~770 million in revenue over three months

25 million game pass subs * avg 12.50 (subs split 50/50 for ease of math) * 3 months = ~940 Million in revenue.

The real numbers will obviously differ without real data, but I dont think either company is unhappy with what they are doing.

6 Likes

I’ll play this when to comes to PC and be offer for free on Epic Game Store lol

1 Like

Some people get really upset when you suggest bundles play into sales when the God of War bundle was one of the highest selling items on Amazon over the holidays

3 Likes

Defintely. Probably like a 90/10 ratio.

1 Like

Yep.

just incase anyone was wondering, exclusives still indeed push consoles sales

1 Like

Holy shit these numbers, and i did read they raised their FY 2022 expectations to 19m, which would be over 6m sales in January-March, that’s like 13,5m consoles sold in half a year. Also they expect to sell at least 23M for FY23, some very crazy numbers.

They are very lucky to have Silent Hill, but specially Final Fantasy 16 this year to help with the momentum and the 1st party drought this year until Spiderman 2.

Overall, while i think this is a bit scary since it could snowball Sony’s strategy with moneyhats, making it cheaper for them to get these, it’s also great news for the games industry to see both console and PC market so on fire

Playstation needs protection.

1 Like

The entire next quarter Ps5 will sell Hogwarts Legacy

I haven’t even seen a single trailer for this game on the xbox channel.

Many of my friends generally think that it will only be released on ps5 / pc

1 Like

Thanks to Sony’s absolute god awful and anti competitive marketing clause that does nothing but help them and harm consumers. Someone call the FTC.

3 Likes

Spain Week 2

• Switch: 5.500 / 33.500 YTD
  • PS5: <2.000 / 6.000 YTD
  • XBS: >500 / 2.500 YTD

Week 3

Hadware

• PS5 8900
  • Switch 4250
  • Series 550

So the two metrics Xbox really seem to care about is MAU’s and Game Pass growth, and despite shortcomings in other places both of their two most important metrics are higher than ever before.

So its a good thing to keep that in mind when analyzing this info and as you see some try and spin things a certain way.