Video Game Market Analysis Thread

1 Like

Will Playstation continue it’s #1 streak ? We shall find out soon.

Edit

1 Like

This is bonkers :sweat_smile:

I mean kudos to Nintendo, I just don’t get it lol

1 Like

weird. using the word “price promotion” instead of “console bundling”. the former sounds like people bought the game because it was X% off when in reality if you buy PS you also get a “free” Horizon game.

2 Likes

Man MS really need software push. They have got a a great couple of months but no big 1st party until 2023.

1 Like

Deathloop looks at you.

3 Likes

It does make me wish Microsoft makes a deathloop console and a bundle. Would also be nice to have one with Grounded and Pentiment too, as that will give them a good sales boost, companies won’t call it the same as with Sony, but it would give these games a chance for people without gamepass to try them out.

1 Like

I think they could absolutely kill it sales-wise with a High On Life focused bundle of sorts. It would be more of a 4 months GamePass included, but slap in some merch designed for High on Life.

I think ultimately Microsoft wants to turn those people without Game Pass into those with Game Pass moreso than for them to boost game sales or get more people to try a game.

Still don’t know why they don’t give a 3-month Game Pass code with every console, but perhaps the attachment ratio is so high they don’t need to.

3 Likes

Do they even do bundles though? I remember a bundle with Fornite dollars or something.

They did an XSS bundle with Rocket League and Fortnite money, that’s all I can remember for now

1 Like

Thats the only one I recall seeing. However, there have been plenty of GameStop created “bundles”. I think they (Xbox) should start doing bundles, even if its in reality just GamePass code inclusion. Put some fancy splashy artwork on the box for these highly anticipated 3rd party GamePass releases. I think High on Life could be a huge draw since Rick and Morty has a large following. They should capitalize on that at least for the 6 months from November through March.

1 Like

Yes, would be no brainer to make bundles with some stylish Series S consoles. It is not like it is too expensive to color it.

1 Like

bonkers.

2 Likes

Guess Europe wants to heist and yeah…

Been out a year on ps. Talking exclusives. Theyd sell even more systems

Well they’ve all been delayed so not much they can do on that front until next year

I know. 2023 is gonna be stacked. Not sure how sony compete with the library.

1 Like

Xbox sold better than PS5 again on Famitsu. The 5000 yen gift card deal is doing work. Series X numbers were very low but Series S is above 10k. Will post the numbers in a sec

3 Likes

I guess they delivered a lot of series S there.