Xbox Series X|S – 14.077 (338.248)

PlayStation 5 – 11.180 (1.925.681)

3DS – 29 (24.595.901)

PlayStation 4 – 12 (9.395.481)

Series X sold 866 units. Series S sold 13,211

PS5 was 2441 digital version and 8739 disc version

3 Likes

Splatoon 3 is crazy

Sony must be livid to send more PS5 over there now.

1 Like

Though the sales show that the price increase did not affect PS5 much.

Unless it still getting scavenge to China, the only problem remain is software. And shortage of console. I mean look at Dragon Quest X. Switch version outsold both PS combined.

True, but Switch is big in Japan. Both PS4 + PS5 are probably smaller.

It would be nice for 15-20k to be a new baseline. One of the biggest complaints I always see from JP fans, actually, all across Asia fans, is that they feel MS doesn’t send enough stock.

I wonder if it’s been hammered home enough to certain people that DQ12 will not be a PS exclusive.

Another funny thing with this DQX Offline release is that Sony had somewhat of a marketing deal on it.

1 Like

I know, and losing to an american platform Xbox isn’t helping, even if it’s due to circumstances. No PR wants any “shame.”

I mean it is not like there is enough stock everywhere…Also we should keep in mind that the last week had a little amount of consoles.

The 5000 yen promo is in effect until Sept 30 so we should expect similar (higher?) numbers next week too.

Let’s see if Sony falls behind again then too.

As long as they have stock and Sony doesn’t send a cargo ship.

Both Sony and Xbox sell whatever they ship over there by the sound of things

A price increase isn’t really going to effect them too much as

1. there would always be enough people that are willing to pay those extra costs when the supply is that low

2. A lot of the consoles are being scalped so it makes no difference to them

3. If Xbox is selling all of their supply as well then anyone that is turned off by Sony’s increased prices is probably out of luck anyway since the alternative option cant be bought

I’d love to know what the attache rate of GP is over in Japan, considering everything for xbox is digital over there, I imagine it has to be extremely high, higher than the majority of places

Great sales. Can we kill off the switch lite already and focus on a switch pro nintendo? You can easily do a pro premium verison. You dont need it to sell gangbusters and still make profit

I don’t think it’ll impact Sony at all. They’ll continue to sell out whatever they have in stock.

I dislike Sony more than ever after all this whining to UK regulators but I might be part of the problem because I will also be preordering PSVR2 day1 if it’s $500 or less. Also I’m day one on God of War for 70+tax.

Now get Dragon Quest X on Series S.

1 Like

Yes, but also DQ9 please :pray: tumblr_nyhwq75y1v1skasmxo1_500

1 Like
2 Likes

The price increase might not impact Sony as far the as charts go because I don’t think it will deter the scalpers very much. However it may stop some real people from buying one. In other words sales will be the same (sold out) but will shift more to scalpers.

WE have the best DQ game on Xbox. I pray 12 is Multiplat.

1 Like