Video Game Market Analysis Thread

But the problem is that they need to make Xbox an enticing offer in Europe. Like PS can add another 10$ on game prices and add 50$ to the console price and it won’t affect the desire to purchase a console. That’s not the case for Xbox.

It is difficult to prove it, but in Europe in general Nintendo or Playstation are the default consoles. Microsft needs to promote Xbox and Game Pass more.

I don’t disagree with that. It would be a strong move for Microsoft to officially lower the Series S price. Put a marketting campaign around “new lower price for next-gen gaming” and it becomes an easier thing to target consumers with. Show off the new lower price and a years worth of games via GamePass value should be easy to tell. Almost like a “Why you should consider Xbox” campaign.

Weekly Famitsu Sales

Software Sales (physical only)

1. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 18,668 / 696,061
  2. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16,052 / 4,790,937
  3. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 10,877 / 862,743
  4. [NSW] Minecraft – 10,697 / 2,759,736
  5. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set – 8,625 / 250,277
  6. [NSW] Kirby’s Dream Buffet (download card) – 7,218 / NEW
  7. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 7,014 / 4,956,081
  8. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 6,748 / 3,253,767
  9. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 6,714 / 158,971
  10. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 6,056 / 1,023,061

Hardware Sales

Switch – 58.396 (25.684.389)

PlayStation 5 – 15.655 (1.866.236)

Xbox Series X|S – 9.820 (301.548)

3DS – 152 (24.595.901)

PlayStation 4 – 13 (9.395.481)

6 Likes

Xbox should capitalize the current situation and make a good impression at TGS.

Short term wise. Probably 0 impact due to the demand being stronger than the supply.

Long term wise though, MS might be able to put a dent in PS’s market share in Europe. Might be able to do some real damage in the UK as well.

1 Like

I’m not expecting too much tbh. A reminder that Wo Long and Persona are coming to Game Pass is about my expectations, maybe Danganronpa V3 and Zero Time Dilemma (which isn’t even a popular series at all in Japan)

I wish they had an Xbox Japan team who could attend the event in person (they are just doing a digital event again) and do a showcase, they did this even in the early Xbox One days.

Would be neat if send more consoles there but that’s mainly for the optics. But since the moment Sony lost one or two weeks straight, they were aggressive with Playstation sales there.

I do wonder how the sale distribution works for Xbox right now as Japan is certainly not the high priority market for them. I guess it is either Europe or USA? Because it is rather strange how Sony is able to prooduce so many consoles everywhere.

Graphs from InstallBase

2 Likes

:fire: :rocket: Couple of big deliveries before TGS and we could reach close to OG Xbox level

11 Likes

How EVIL!

1 Like

They are destroying the gaming business !

2 Likes

https://tenor.com/bHW6K.gif

1 Like

A gaming console is not like an iPhone. In most countries it’s really hard to go through everyday life without a mobile device. A console is just not important in a day to day life. Sony is running the risk of losing customers. I’m not saying those customers will go to xbox. They just may decide that they can live fine without a console.

1 Like
3 Likes

Microsoft should be doing more of these specials at other stores and countries too, throwing in 2 free games for Series S:

1 Like

Digimon Survive made top 10? Thats fucking crazy. Literally 0 marketing,hard to find physical copies and basically media freeze out until day of release.

Thats impressive.

The Famitsu weekly top 30 chart came out and all 30 of them were Switch games. What a completely awful time for Sony to announce the PS5 price increase for Japan lol

4 Likes

I think Sony is making a mistake here. I mean sure they will probably still sell all of their limited stock anyway and they’ll probably be able to lower the price back down once they have enough stock for it to matter, but I can’t help but feel that Sony can’t keep on testing the limits of their fans loyalty.

1 Like

Those are physical where PS games show only when they send more bundles. Though I think even digital does not look much different.