Video Game Market Analysis Thread

1 Like

Even lower than I thought. Really makes this turnaround with the Series Xbox even more impressive.

Xbox One selling half of Ps4 is an achievement in itself considering how poor it sold outside of USA and the software exclusivity on it. The one S and X definitely helped keep it relevant though. The BAse Xbox one is by far the worst xbox console I’ve owned. So much so That I did the unthinkable and bought multiplats on a PS console something I’ve never done and won’t do post that gen.

Copying from general mishmash topic. I wish they’d supply more Xbox Series consoles to the area.

I hope those 28 PS4 units sold for dirt cheap. :rofl:

This is a 2 week report since last week was holiday with no report.

Thanks @saintsflow20 and @TheBrightestSun

• Switch OLED – 94,827
  • Switch – 35,071
  • Switch Lite – 23,924
  • PS5 – 44,126
  • PS5 Digital Edition – 2,474
  • Xbox Series X – 4,802
  • Xbox Series S – 3,901
  • New 2DS LL – 307
  • PS4 – 28
2 Likes

It would be ideal, so far it seems Microsoft has made their biggest delivery on a holiday to ensure better sales of the hardware. But making it available more often will help with thise holiday sales in my opinion, as they will have extra stock to ho on sale.

Looks like Sony found some factory time. For almost a week the PS5 was available to buy online from one of the major stores here. That has never happened before, it has either been old preorders or very limited lottery based sales in physical stores.

3 Likes

Not much good to me, as when I tried looking for a Series S they were either sold out, or you needed to have points membership to buy.

GOC

1 Like

I thought being available means nobody wants it?

4 Likes

:phil_lmao:

1 Like

1 Like

USA loves COD :fire:

1 Like
1 Like

If I remember right, Sunbreak is performing noticeably better than Iceborne.

It is warmer

I am curious what impact, if any this has on sales of PS5:

The new RRPs below are effective immediately unless otherwise noted.*

• Europe
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99
  • UK
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99
  • Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥60,478 yen (including tax)
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 yen (including tax)
  • China
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan
  • Australia
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – AUD $799.95
    • PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $649.95
  • Mexico
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – MXN $14,999
    • PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499
  • Canada
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – CAD $649.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99
1 Like

Probably no much impact as with scalpers and bundles, consoles were always more expensive than MSRP anyway.

1 Like

I imagine bundle prices will go up

2 Likes

This year I was expecting the Series S to price drop to $250, possibly $220 on Black Friday Sales. That would be a strong move on Microsoft’s part. But now I’m not sure if maybe they dont price drop and keep the price the same.

Do they even need to do that though? Their fundamental problem is that they need to create the mass market desire for Xbox outside USA. People flock to Playstation by default no matter the price.

It is like with iPhones - no matter how high the price is, people buy it all the time.

Needs versus Opportunity. It depends on how the business views the payoff from an opportunity to drive further consumer adoption into their eccosystem. What better way to look all the more enticing by widening the cost of entry gap?