Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Re7 is one of those games constantly solf for 10 bucks so no surprise. Village sales not freat but now that they have 3rd person mode it should sell more

New week, new weekly sales, copied from Community Thread post by TheBrightestSun.

• Switch OLED – 42,355
  • Switch – 20,489
  • Switch Lite – 10,394
  • PS5 – 36,237
  • PS5 Digital Edition – 3,099
  • Xbox Series X – 7,093
  • Xbox Series S – 1,895
  • New 2DS LL – 87
  • PS4 – 14
2 Likes

By TGS, Xbox Series will be at more than 300K in Japan. Before next TGS, Xbox Series will have sold way more than Xbox OG and could (maybe ?) match Xbox 360 install base in Japan by the end of generation.

1 Like

I only see Nintendo dominating over there. Everyone else is struggling behind them when looking at LTD. Sony is doing worse than last gen. Microsoft is doing better than last gen.

7 Likes

Microsoft is doing much better this generation in Japan and that’s what matter, because they will invest more, proof of that is the range of new positions that are available for the region.

4 Likes

New account, obvious troll console warrior. Ignore.

10 Likes

Which will force Phil to buy Square and Capcom. Then Jim will say “Why are they picking on me?”.

1 Like

Great numbers all round, well maybe not ps4 or 2ds but you know

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1557340150593626112

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1557341262923038720

3 Likes

Basically the whole market for Sony/Xbox/Nintendo is around 280m I guess? With Sony/Xbox together hanging at 160-180m.

Now compare it to PC or humongonous mobile market with 1b+ users.

1 Like

Yeah its no surprise that Xbox and now Sony are moving past console only

Switch sells like crack and will likely end up selling more than the ps2 but that’s still only 150 - 200m potential customers

Natural evolution from both of them. You just cant limit yourself to the same 250-300 (at most) users

Square Enix doesn’t think so :joy:

1 Like

Yesh, not sure what total console market is. It does seem like one can add PS and Xbox to get roughly 160-180 million each generation, consistently.

Adding in Nintendo does produce a higher number, but what are we trying to derive? If its unique consumers, then thats a real hassle as many will have at least two of the three consoles.

1 Like

Oh well they…it will be interesting to see what happens with SE. Dont think you can sustain current bussiness models with the mentality of 80’s and their latest reports kinda hinted that something is quite not working.

Except Nintendo, they are making more money than ever :v

With Nintendo there I think the hard limit is around 300-350m at best (because generations include Nintendo DS or PSP etc). but a lot of those who own the consoles also own other consoles too.

They rely on FF14 and it is a big revenue stream for them. When they get investments they will be able to sustain themselves one way or another.

Consoles break too. I bought 3 PS2’s because 2 of them broke and I had to replace them. I bought 2 Xbox 360’s because the first broke.

Also some families have multiple systems. I need an Xbox Series in the living room and bedroom in case someone is using the tv in that room. I have 2 Switches, a Switch Lite for portable and a regular Switch that stays permanently hooked up to the tv.

1 Like

I think Phil has mentioned previously that they see the number as ~300 million console customers. (If I recall correctly)

1 Like

Thurrott.com takes a reveal from the Brazilian legal filings (the one where it was revealed that Sony was moneyhatting third parties to not put games on Gamepass) to make an estimate of the number of Xbox One’s sold. While this is not news, this is further information to getting to as close as we can get to a final figure.

2 Likes

Those are some good numbers - basically just 30m less than Xbox 360 contributed by the death of Xbox One in Europe and Asia. Basically it is mostly USA market.