Video Game Market Analysis Thread

24k is still poor. They could easily be doing more

I wonder if thats why they delayed forspoken and ff16 so much.

They need to be out of the wake of GoW 2022 Edition. While they get a few more months of Holiday PS5 sales, they are dangerously close to February 2023. That seems to be the month of every game being burried by the GOTY hit releasing.

They could do more of course, but due to shortage that would mean that some other country will have less consoles. I see them throwing more into USA and UK market for now.

I know and they have to deal with that

12k series is crazy. And ms havent released the 1st party games to really push it either.

Do they even need though at this point? Consoles are being sold even without exclusive games anyway :joy:

I do think that exclusives might be needed for Game Pass there.

7 Likes

Yeah they do because the potential is there. No doubt it can sell even more with more japanese games. And it is getting quite a few. Soul hackers 2 and star ocean are both coming before the end of the year. And maybe if ms can make a deal with tales of arise and get that on gamepass like they did scarlett nexus may help too

Let’s see if Sony keeps up this level of shipments or at least a higher amount. I’m wondering if this was a one-time (ish) big dump and next week they will have lower than their usual amount. The same goes for Xbox I guess, but MS seems to ship a steadier amount than Sony does week to week.

1 Like

They’ll struggle regardless and can’t produce as much.

June NPD data:

3 Likes

Some mobile related info:

1 Like

Damn, ABK is crazy. No wonder they were the biggest publisher out there.

Now that’s hilarious for multiple reasons

One thing I don’t understand is why they keep giving numbers without the digital sales, when on PC digital sales make up about 100%, while on Xbox they’re like 90%, and about 70% on Playstation from the last time it was mentioned.

Edit: do the dollar spending include digital sales as well?

1 Like

I think the digital stores provide the sales number only to the publishers. Then it’s up to the publishers what they do with that info. It seems like Nintendo as a Publisher doesn’t provide the data to NPD. Meanwhile other publishers share it, like Bandai Namco or EA. In the situation of The Quarry, Take Two may not have had time to take in and process the numbers before being able to share it.

4 Likes

Digital sales for nintendo arent as big so i can understand why.

Sales time again

1 Like

I think it is going to be a huge upcoming 5 months for Xbox Series sales. August, September and October is when all the Madden, Fifa and NBA2k players will be looking to upgrade to a next gen console. Then the holidays are after that. More sales means MS can invest in making Game Pass even better. I am all for it.

3 Likes

xbox sales very consistent. this time last gen PS4 was outselling xbox 20:1. Now its 2 or 3:1 at best

1 Like

A lot of Japanese games coming too Soul Hackers 2, Star OCean Persona 5 on Gamepass
should boost it quite a bit. Or at least keep it relevant.

2 Likes

But if they sell what they deliver, it won’t change anything

2 Likes