Video Game Market Analysis Thread

I’d rather just have 4. Theres a reason why the PC version sucks and its better on Mobile.

Lots of NPD info, reposting here what @Ace_Maverick and @FarSightXR-20 posted elsewhere

11 Likes

Xbox is in trouble!

With increasing prices (gas, food etc.) - Series S and subscriptions will grow immensively.

5 Likes

Really good month for xbox.

You know whats funny? Soon xbox charts, just like switch, will be full of first party games.

It’s even funnier that the big delay announcement was last month. So I guess the rebellion against Game Pass failed then.

Usually all this noise is coming from the statistical errors…

1 Like

Its a shame MW2 is still on last gen

Would have been huge for Series S this year

1 Like

Im all for moving to next gen…but cod cant make that jump so soon. Its like fifa or madden skipping last gen

only trails the OG Gameboy and OG DS.

2 Likes

Hardware Sales

• Switch – 33,166
  • Switch OLED – 14,767
  • Switch Lite – 10,503
  • PS5 – 11,893
  • PS5 Digital Edition – 547
  • Xbox Series S – 4,894
  • Xbox Series X – 1,348
  • New 2DS LL – 207
  • PS4 – 78

3 Likes

For the sake of the 78, I truly hope those PS4 units were drastically marked down.

kind of hilarious how sales don’t matter that much in the other era.

2 Likes

Goal post sure move really fast as of late.

1 Like

I think there was an topic there. But most of the sales folks went to Installbase anyway.

The “sales guy” left their site so now they are left with some Great Value replacement poster(s) to cover it.

1 Like

the PS5 DE is a waste of space at this point. Could have not made that useless thing and made more PS5’s so we can buy one.

Let’s face it. They did it because of Xbox Series S. It’s not fooling anyone.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the PS5DE. The problem is Sony basically used it so the can advertise the PS5 at a lower price, a bait and switch for the most part. They don’t actually intend to sell them, at least not until the costs come down and they are profitable.

3 Likes

Is MS supplying Japan with that many more Series S’s than Series X’s? Or Japanese consumers just don’t like the X’s?