Video Game Market Analysis Thread

My point stays the same - there are millions blades in azure.

1 Like

Correct, but these are not xCloud blades :smiley:

What? xCloud blade is Series X blade (just because Series X blade is able to run 4 instances it does not mean there are only 100k of them).

I’m just saying, you are right: Azure datacenters have millions of server blades. In 2021 it was over 4 million servers.

The company has more than four million servers in operation across its global datacentre estate, and each one has an average lifespan of four years, he said.

And i’m pretty sure Mark Russinovich knows this stuff.

So you are saying: there are about the same number xCloud servers as the total number of Azure servers in existense.

I don’t now whether server implies the whole server rack or just a single blade.

Very interesting indeed! They would need to acquire EA and TakeTwo just to catch up with Tencent in revenue.

Even then it would be close (33.2 over 32.2).

I never said how many there were, just pointed out that a latency sensitive application needs to place hardware closer to the end user and makes utilization less efficient than those applications that aren’t latency sensitive.

2 Likes

Not cloud but this article this article is interesting

Forza had 10 mill concurrent, they talk about how azure handeled this. Not xcloud obviously but a good read.

2 Likes

WE know PS5 is ahead in Japan by about a million and a bit. This is through official Famitsu numbers

Its almost certainly ahead in Europe too by about 2-3 Million.

The biggest variable is NA. ITs pretty much 50/50 with either console ahead. Certainly Xbox will pull head in NPD very soon if it hasn’t already

That makes the 3-4 million ahead realistic

So Series Consoles could be anywhere between 15-17 Million honestly.

It absolutely hasn’t sold 20 million.

1 Like

Waste to use Series X. Should use SEries S. Free up Series X for people who want to buy it.

They’ll be streaming 4k at some point

2 Likes

more efficient to use custom Series X hardware as it allows for more instances to be streamed + premium true Series X streaming down the line.

1 Like

At some point yes. Were not at that stage yet

I don’t use Xcloud outside of my Phone. And you’re able to get far better latency with 1080p

First thing after ABK acquisition they should do is put there games on Gamepass and xCloud

Diablo immortal will explode

1 Like

I do actually hope they are preparing a lot of Activision games for xCloud and Gamepass just like you said. That way when the deal clears they can basically flip a switch and say here are a hundred Gamepass games available today.

I also expect a big backwards compatibility drop of 50-100 games. If rights can’t be negotiated then I want disc backwards compatibility. I don’t really accept the excuse that rights are too difficult to negotiate. EA and Rockstar negotiated several complicated rights for their backwards compatible games. Xbox should do it for the fans even if it cost money. Make a big statement that Activision’s library of games are Xbox now.

There is a mainline Diablo 4 too…Immortal is a native mobile game. No point in having it on the cloud.

I am talking about the recent mobile game

There is an opportunity to turn the mobile market into streaming one

I always think that’s what google should have done for its stadia service. Focused on big budget mobile games via streaming

But the thing is that they can make Diablo 4 as streaming. Diablo Immortal has native mobile versions.

The more the merrier

1 Like

I like the way you are thinking outside the box here. On Xbox i rarely us the cloud streaming option but who is to say I won’t play a quick game of candy crush or classic Warcraft or whatever if they gave me the option. Especially if they are dolling out monthly Gamepass rewards to entice me.