Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Reading on some other forums, twitter etc I don’t think I’ve ever seen the phrase “put it in context” so much in my life.

3 Likes

They’re already in a problem as it is. The reason why they wanted to kill Xbox is because of third-party share. You got Elden Ring, CoD, and others that could have been remarkable for PS profit, but Xbox is taking some of that. Even if the ratio is significantly higher on PS side, they want every piece of it.

5 Likes

@profjjj what do you think about the %6 profit? :eyes:

About what Totoki said about costs? People can sugarcoat it all they want, its clear what he meant and whats going to happen

Yeah, I think Sony is in a situation where something has to give because it’s obvious the insane AAA budget for their games, insane marketing spend, third party deals, and other stuff isn’t sustainable. They’re in a weird situation where they can’t cut back on some of those stuff due to training their consumers of high AAA budget games or bust

Already has given. They’re making fewer games and the gaps are showing more and more.

https://twitter.com/Genki_JPN/status/1757743775336825075?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1757743775336825075|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Uhmmm…this sounds familiar :thinking:

6 Likes

They dislike him because he does tend to have a hate boner for Sony but in this case context doesn’t change anything, their profits are indeed horrible

1 Like

Gaming finally has the eye of the money folks

I think this is more about PC day and date than other consoles. I don’t think they’ll release games on xbox, but I can possibly see some titles go to Nintendo due to the hold Nintendo has in Japan

1 Like

So if you have strong first party content, not only with our console but also other platforms like computers, 1st party can be grown with multiplatform and that can help operating profit to improve.

Shouldn’t surprise anyone, what would have been very surprising if he had said other consoles. It’s really just gonna be only Xbox doing it.

1 Like

Most likely for now. But then Sony is far weaker on PC then Xbox is…so probably won’t be as helpful.

1 Like

MS said the same thing, now they are expanding further into other consoles

Sony will do the same thing eventually

3 Likes

You can have a hate…whatever, but if you’re reporting from a source that’s coming from the head of the table (not tribal chief), then it is a fact. A jerk can report fact.

I wonder if Sony is going to create a PC storefront. I feel that is a way to do well on PC. I think if they have their own version of play anywhere, then it can go a long way for Sony.

PC day one is closer than I thought! :eyes: but I wouldnt be surprised if their GAAS ends up in other consoles too.

1 Like

Looks like I should probably start looking into upgrading my old PC haha, it’s gonna be the best of all worlds most likely

4 Likes

1 Like

Wish they did it now and that they’d start with older games, I’d get those for my Xbox and then for their new first party games I’d get a PS5 for that.

True, I think a game like helldivers would’ve sold well on Xbox and even Nintendo if it can handle it. I def feel there’s a shift happening in the industry because budgets and consumer expectations is becoming unstainable to have games on one platform

1 Like

I do think they will,but as we’ve seen, theres not much fighting Steam.

Isnt going to help PS5 sales and PSN+ at all. Phil was smart to make the subscription about the games rather then online play.