Video Game Market Analysis Thread

Yep, anyway, God forbid Xbox making actual exclusives (the last one was a decade ago) and/or acquisitions targeted at Japan (Tango is a byproduct of Zenimax, I seriously doubt that was the main intent) to improve their market share over there, no, GP on Switch is the cure for any evil.

Switch doesn’t need gamepass and xbox dont need switch, pretty much everyone has a smartphone/tablet and/or tv these days, literally billions of devices out there ready to be used vs 100m switches, not to mention those devices dont compete with xbox the same way that switch does

Saying gamepass needs the switch is the gamepass version of “Starfield and Elder Scrolls NEED Playstation”

7 Likes

I agree, I think The main problem is Apple with how they’re not allowing game pass on their platform as a native app.

Gamepass on switch will never happen, the amount of infrastructure and permission that Microsoft would need to have into the Nintendo ecosystem is already a major limiting factor.
It’ll never happen.

1 Like

Japanese fans thoughts on the Falcom president’s recent words on how PS is dead in Japan

https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1639636556?v=pc

(NSFW ads on this site. Watch out for that if you plan on reading it)

This is a massive thread, but basically

• A lot of console warring. Obviously the thread is overwhelmingly Switch. The word “cockroaches” is getting thrown which is basically the Japanese version of “Sony Pony” (AKA PS fanboy)

• Dissatisfaction with Jim Ryan. Some even say they would like for PS to just die.

• One guy said he thinks even Xbox is better than PS now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• Some saying that Falcom should go back to being a PC dev like in the 2000s, and that Sony loyal companies like Compile Heart can just go die with PS for all they care

• They would like for numbers on how well Kuro no Kiseki (the newest Trails game) did digitally (which can’t be that good, because from Falcom’s own words themselves, the game underperformed)

• Hopes for more Falcom ports on Switch, including really obscure titles of theirs

• Most agree that if Falcom (and other devs) stay with PS exclusive launches, they will die

• Some mocking over the fact that, despite Falcom saying PS is dead and they realize the importance of the Switch, they are still launching Kuro no Kiseki II as a PS Exclusive. (I think this will be their last PS exclusive launch however, when they started working on the Kuro series, they foolishly did not realize the importance of the Switch yet. Now they do, but it’s too late currently to just snap their fingers and have the game on Switch. Future Falcom games will most definately be Switch/PS first, or maybe just Switch first depending on how well the PS ports hang on)

So not really anything to do with Xbox, but it’s pretty interesting. It really seems like once PS4 dies off, PS5 will have very little support from the smaller JP studios. There is much dissatisfaction that Sony essentially pulled out of the region.

5 Likes

Another proof that if MS doesn’t exploit this void, it will be totally on them, not on bad luck or cultural divide anymore.

1 Like

The thing is that Falcom’s fanbase has never historically been on Nintendo so them ignoring the Switch really isnt because they are dumb. Their bigger issue right now IMO is how they fucked over the Western Release side along with NISA which had been a gigantic cash infusion for them and the series had grown quite a bit in the west.

Falcom is not big enough to work on simultaneous console releases so xbox will always be an afterthought and that has nothing to do with Microsoft’s lack of effort. Falcom is a weird company culturally overall.

1 Like

I was speaking about the japanese market overall, Sony isn’t withdrawing from Falcom. XD

It’s mad how different locations seem to be massively into one console or another.

The Switch (and I own 2 of them) is a bit of a joke, technically speaking… And Nintendo had a terrible year overall in terms of software.

A great console for kids, but it’s really nothing special for adult gamers.

1 Like

Too bad, it doesn’t exsit yet. I want one though with series S capabilities and vrr OLED

1 Like

They just need DLSS on ARM

Nintendo will leave xbox and PS in dust then. Unless xbox comes up with there solution.

1 Like

Most of the gamers on the Switch are in their 20’s to 30’s.

1 Like

Nintendo abandoned the top notch tech long ago, because it would cost them too much and also they are not capable of handling them anymore, it goes well beyond their structure capabilities.

Again the biggest myth is that Nintendo’s core are children lol.

3 Likes

They’re just older children…

4 Likes

Me with Pokemon

Easiest way to dismiss Nintendo’s dominance for some people is by calling it a “children’s thing”

Nintendo is a weird company because they have had massive highs with the DS, Wii and now Switch. But at the same time they have had consoles like Gamecube and Wii U which actually sold less than the least successful Xbox - a brand which you can very much argue has less global appeal.

They’ve kindve had to reinvent themselves each generation since GC. Though I am sure the Switch formula has some life in it.

The switch is huge everywhere…it’s literally going to oursell anything else comfortably.

1 Like