VGC: A decade later, Ubisoft has finally greenlit a new Splinter Cell, sources claim [Remake Greenlit Confirmed]

If this is another PS5 timed exclusive game I swear to god

I don’t think Ubisoft is gonna do those kinda deals tbh.

2 Likes

I know people have been begging for a new SC but I cant see anything good from this

Im expecting something open world like MGSV but plays worse and has a focus on online/the FOB system and that’s probably best case scenario for modern ubisoft

I know it won’t happen but I always wanted a sequel to Conviction where they talked about an organization called Mediggo or something like that. I would have continued that story line and have it be Sam Fisher’s final game as the player/agent. I would add Archer from Deniable Ops to be a secondary playable character/agent in order to set him up as the replacement.

Then after this, since no game in the series have been given the “numbered” aspect, I then create Splinter Cell 2 which features Archer as the second splinter cell. I then get Fisher to play the role of Lambert.

My guess is that this becomes an online only co-op/MP game or some kind of huge open world that doesn’t work with live service elements.

The co op in Conviction was amazing. There is a lot they could do with it tbh

2 Likes

I did show Tom in a private DM that I too heard about Splinter Cell coming back a few months back, but I honestly wasn’t sure how much I believed the source.

But I guess I’m more confident now lol

7 Likes

It’s always been ‘green lit’

8 Likes

AYOOOO lmfao. The best thing you’ve posted on this forum ever tbh. It’s only downhill for you from here on. :fist: :pensive:

3 Likes

Are we fist bumping with solemn faces, or…

It’s official:

Highlights:

• Linear, not open world
  • Using the Snowdrop engine
  • Proper ground-up remake, not a remaster

Most promising quote:

It’s safe to say a lot of us on the team are stealth purists, and we’re behind that level of seriousness when it comes to those kinds of mechanics, and those sorts of things that we want to see in this game. And we’re very, very aware of what makes classic Splinter Cell what it is.

9 Likes

Sheesh that’s hype :fire: no mention of platforms but I assume current gen only.

Can’t wait to buy some amazing NFTs in it!

Fuck yes, we have such a drought of cool stealth games so this is a good start.

1 Like

So happy to hear this. I love the Splinter Cell series and have missed it for the last decade. Hopefully this indicates Ubisoft are paring back on their all-open-world-heavily-monetized games approach and they get back to making more of the great linear games they were known for.

More remakes

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

I’m okay with this.

But is it an Xbox exclusive ? :eyes:

It’s a start, better than a VR game on the OUYA 2

2 Likes

No platforms announced, but I don’t think it’s any exclusive. I think they’re still trying to decide whether to go cross-gen or fully current gen.

1 Like

Releasing a cross gen game in 2024/25 is going to be weird .

3 Likes

Agreed. While they haven’t officially stated anything, I’d be very surprised if a game that is just starting to be developed in late 2021 will be available on last-gen consoles. It doesn’t make sense, especially in light of what they’re talking about in terms of advancing technology, light, shadow, AI, etc.

edit: This quote makes a case for it being new-gen only:

The game will be rebuilt from the ground up using Ubisoft’s own Snowdrop engine to deliver new-generation visuals and gameplay, and the dynamic lighting and shadows the series is known for.