UPDATE: Ray tracing confirmed for The Medium

Peehaps, have the tag been removed for other games?

No, I checked everything they had on there. The Medium is the only one that doesn’t line up.

Hmm, dunno what to make of it then

Digital Foundry saw Gears 5 running on the console. This doesn’t mean much in terms of a dev kit but I don’t think it will come way hotter than the competition. The SDK’s will still improve much over time, just like this generation. In any case, I would not delay a console because it’s missing the proper RT performance on launch. That said there also was already Minecraft running on XSX with RT enabled, there was a video about that from Digital Foundry.

1 Like

I always prefer to wait for official confirmations instead of jumping to conclusions and giving in to wild speculation, but that’s me.

5 Likes

Yeah I just hope their tools aren’t way behind. Was a wild ride last time watching devs talk in code on twitter to complain about the tools on Xbox One.

Last i checked the console wasn’t launching this month. Maybe we shouldn’t jump to conclusions so soon?

Odd because if you look above the poster confirmed the lack of ray tracing has never been tagged in that particular advert for any games. From David.

Wayback machine snapshot on May 31st:

July 24th:

The interview still mentions RT at least:

I’m sure we’ll find out why it was changed soon enough.

No one is questioning the power of the system or spreading FUD.

According to DF, RT two scenes would be cheaper than standard rasterisation. I can see how this would be the case, especially compared to the cost of running split screen in a deferred render engine.

1 Like

Doubt this means much.

2 Likes

Geezus. That’s extremely disappointing if so. What in the world is going on :confused:

I would be very surprised if they advertised RT and then took it out.

So I’m sure it’s an error.

2 Likes

xboxera.gif

1 Like

Bloober Team PR have reached out to update - the game WILL have Ray-Tracing.

5 Likes

No surprises. People gotta stop overreacting to this sort of thing.

5 Likes

This, it’s exactly what I’ve been saying about people living on a knifes edge just the smallest thing can set people off. People were starting to panic that the dev kits are late and Xbox is having troubles with ray tracing being concered. That is with no confirmation of any of the concerns either some peopl just need to chill out haha.

this is why the alarmism gotta stop lol, yall went off on a rather weak piece of evidence and extrapolated so much :rofl:

Good news. I still don’t really understand what ready tracing is but I know I want it.