Update 2: Walmart says it’s partnering with Microsoft on a TikTok deal

As long as they also but WB and all the licences I’m fine with this. Not my money what do I care. For them though it’s a big risk.

It feels like there is less chances now for companies like them to get a foot in the door outside of the business world.

With Gamepass it’s their only chance to get heavily into media because all their attempts at other media failed. With TikTok it may be their last chance to be a social media giant.

Twitter in the game now.

100B MS can buy Nintendo two times lol

1 Like

100B seems like a bit much, how does TikTok make money as of now is it just ads?

800 million users look at ads daily. It’s a lucrative business, Facebook is worth 700B and Alphabet (Google and YouTube’s parent) is worth 1 Trillion.

1 Like

That’s insane…

I honestly didn’t realise how much these social sites were worth.

For 100 billion they could just buy PlayStation lol

1 Like

Sony won’t sell

Wow. Facebook gaming, Instagram and then tiktok… that would be crazy! You’d see gamepass and xcloud everywhere

Edit: not implying ms bought fb gaming or instagram. Just mentioning that the recent deals with social media would allow them to have an even greater presence.

1 Like

I think this is one of the reasons. MS I think wants to connect more with younger generations and TikTok is exactly the plateform for that. Also, yes you can totally expect advertsiment of their products with the plateform. Maybe, they are gonna add even the technology they used for Mixer, but between Facebook, Instagram and potentially TikTok, xCloud can have a huge presence everywhere.

Don’t get some of the responses in here.

TikTok is MASSIVE.

Easily the most important platform out there as far as reaching Generation Z.

It’s far from a dancing or lip-sync app. I mainly engage with Tiktok through stuff that gets reposted onto Twitter, but some of the funniest shit I see on the internet comes from TikTok users.

Exactly, it is perfect to communicate with younger audiences.

Microsoft is likely to get the Tiktok Deal done for US, Canada,Australia and New Zealand Operations UK is not included 30-40 Billion USD price tag

30-40 Billion ? wow man talk about overpriced business, how much profit this will bring to them over the years ? there is no guarantee tik tok will remain popular for the next 10 years

1 Like

It’s a long term play Tiktok is well established now it’s an opportunity cost for Microsoft

1 Like

Tiktok deal done within 42 hours or more there will be some sort of announcement or a binding deal I have been snooping all around Spoiler : Microsoft

Pricetag was rumored to be up to $100bn that’s quite cheap:

1 Like

Breaking right now Walmart to partner with Microsoft on Tiktok deal

That’s a Shyamalan level twist right there.

2 Likes