UK: Call of Duty: Vanguard on Xbox was 90% digital download

There’s an argument about Sold In vs Sold Through.

Although I find it hard to believe 1.x million Series S and X consoles are just sitting in a container/warehouse somewhere even with the logistical hurdles going on around the world.

Yeah I think it was Zhuge who said over 8 million recently

Sold In = Sold to Retailers.

Sold Through = Sold to Customer via Retailers.

Don’t know how one could reasonably estimate sold through, and it’s kind of a non issue in today’s market. Can probably assume at least 95% sell through.

Anyway, this is kinda off topic for the thread isn’t it? Should there be a thread about that?

MS: We aren’t worried about console sales. Console sales are a arbitrary bubble with a low ceiling.

Gamers: IM TERRIBLY WORRIED ABOUT THESE CONOSLE SALES

2 Likes

Massive datacenter rollout of Series X SOCs.

It’s still an important metric, just not the primary one.

Xbox still wants to sell consoles to win back previous owners back into the eco system or attract new ones.

Not everybody has a decent 4G/5G on phones or a good computer.

And they are selling them. So…

Every one they make.

Not sure why anyone should be worried

Yes console sales are important but anyone that isn’t completely blind can see they are expanding well beyond that, they want you in gamepass, the console is just one entry for that

but even ignoring that, they are selling every XSX they can build, PS5 could have sold 3 time as many series consoles, not gonna change X’s are selling out

The problem is to me, that Microsoft is focusing on the S, which appears to less popular than the X and they are leaving sales/money on the table.

There are places where the Series S isn’t selling like the X, and instead of focusing on the S they should focus on the X.

Some countries are already trying to discount the S because of lack of interest in comparison to the X.

I wouldn’t say they are focusing on the S, the S is just easier to build so naturally they will pump those out where they can

Now/Black friday up until christmas is the perfect time of the year to have the S out there because they will have a lot more casual console buyers, mums and dads etc that need a console for christmas

But they should have improved X supply now that the cloud stuff is sorted and they’ve likely planned ahead for holiday sales and held X consoles back for that

I’ve never been a firm believer in the S.

I get why Microsoft wants it and what they’re trying to accomplish with it.

But I’m a Series X through and through and couldn’t imagine using a Series S.

I too am very concerned about the nearly 2.6 trillion dollar company “leaving money on the table”.

Get a grip.

1 Like

Bored Christopher Walken GIF

It’s not 2 to 1, and Xbox cannot meet demand.

2 Likes

According to estimates from Ampere, it is.

Granted they are selling mostly everything make, some instances of Series S excluded, but still, it’s 2 to 1.

The big difference is that Microsoft’s first party apparatus is on a completely different level this generation. The Xbox One had a good launch and then software basically dried up right as PS was hitting it stride.

This time MS has more studios, more BIG games, and unrivaled services. Their momentum isn’t slowing down. There is a reason why PS fans are suddenly doing a bunch of hand-wringing over exclusivity.

Well yeah, you’re not the target audience and thats fine

Doesn’t mean there’s not a massive audience for them out there

1 Like

I think the problem with this is the fact that retailers are selling out of their inventory almost as soon as they are available. So if they are holding back a large number of Xbox’s to sell during the holiday I have to wonder as to why? They’re all going to sellout at the same rate and supply will still be short during the holidays.