Ubisoft Massive to make a new open world Star Wars game

Interesting.

Iā€™m pretty excited for this one. Ea wasnā€™t cutting. Think massive will make a really good open world Star Wars. Probably be one of the best looking games on the market when it comes out.

Gunna guess 2024 for release though. Could be sooner if itā€™s been in development for a while.

1 Like

Since itā€™s the Division team you can expect the first game to be ok at start then really bad in the long run, when it comes to them making the second game they will follow the same mistakes and learn nothing again then spend years trying to fix it.

1 Like

Ubi (and other) open world games are my weakness, something about exploring and repetitive content kind of triggers my pleasure centres just so. I fully understand why people dont have that same feeling, and to be honest I do need to spend some ā€œfallowā€ time to re-energise. So from a genre POV I am somewhat excited by the news. Though I donā€™t ā€œadoreā€ star wars, I have a lot of love for Sci Fi and Space opera.

I mean this kinda hits my expectations on the head as well :wink: I did fall off both Divisions eventually (the second much quicker than the first) but the first I found gorgeous and always enjoyed gadding about in the map, so while I kinda agree with the sentiment Iā€™m hoping if its ā€œonlyā€ as good as my first couple of months in the Division itā€™ll be worth it for me

2 Likes

had huge hopes for TD2 it was good at the start then fell of quicker than TD1ā€¦ >.> mind you Iā€™m a huge fan of the TD, even bought the mega statue deluxe edition of the game. But youā€™re right everything from the graphics and gameplay are top notch so maybe doing a different genre will help.

Yeah, same here with the second, I disliked the setting, the move from the snowy and beautiful desolation of NYC, losing the survival and underground aspects (and though I dont like PvP, the darkzone was much better in the first. They didnt handle the politics in the first especially well but the second was worse as well.

All that said, I still enjoyed the first despite any flaws, and even bought (and enjoyed) the New York Collapse book. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what they do with Star Wars.

Could be good if the story is good and its not an XP grind. These days the only team which makes great open world games are obsidian, Bethesda and Rockstar imo.