Ubisoft Massive to make a new open world Star Wars game

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1349339939012567041?s=19 https://twitter.com/DomsPlaying/status/1349340959331528707?s=19

https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/1349336675047120897?s=19

Continuing the relationship that resulted in the reinvigorated Battlefront series, the critically-acclaimed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order , and multiplayer hit Star Wars: Squadrons , Electronic Arts will too play a big role in the future of Star Wars gaming. “We’re really proud of the games we have created with EA,” Reilly says. “We will continue working with them and our relationship has never been stronger. While we may not have a lot of details to share at the moment, we’ve got a number of projects underway with the talented teams at EA.”

2 Likes

@XboxP3 maybe you could propose a KOTOR project to Obsidian ? :grinning:

4 Likes

Open World Ubisoft star wars game

Off the bat that dont sound appetizing

1 Like

@XboxP3 the call needs to be made now :eyes:

In all seriousness this is a good thing because the trickle of games from EA was not enough and Lucasfilm can now pick and choose what projects to greenlight.

Nice to see Star Wars walk away from that EA exclusivity deal. We’re gonna be seeing more Star Wars games now and I’m excited by that. I’m certainly interested in this, an open-world sounds very interesting in the universe of Star Wars. Increases the chances of a Star Wars project from one of Xbox’s studios.

@ProgStopper, looks like your ritual did something at least!

2 Likes

Nice we get the dark zone in a SW game. Honestly I hope it’s not looter game. Massive did a bad job about equipment balancing, enemy design and droprate (in Division 1 at least). Let’s see how it turns out.

Weren’t they working on Avatar? was that another team?

The floodgates are open.

3 Likes

…but they’re making Beyond Good and Evil 2?

Ubi, not Massive

I Personally think Ubi will scrap that game. I don’t know where the demand for it is.

1 Like

Nice, maybe this will be a cross-planetary bounty hunter game.

Maaaaaan…

They don’t kid around, do they? Lucasfilm games is a thing and bang, already two games in development not by a EA studio!

So no Jedi Fallen Order 2 from Respawn then? Wonder if EA keeps to release game until 2023.

i don’t care about it either, but they keep showing it

EA will continue making Star Wars games, they just don’t have the exclusivity of making them anymore.

1 Like

Havent showed it in like 2-3 years and the director retired lol.

Ubisoft open world Star Wars?

Meh. I tried to get in Ubisoft’s style. Really enjoyed Assassin’s Creed: Origins & Watch Dogs 2, but my god their stuff is just so repetitive & boring. I recently gave up on Valhalla & feel like I’m done with them at this point.

But… It is Star Wars.

I’ll keep an eye out for the reviews.

EA really failed to take advantage of the exclusivity in my opinion. I’m happy to see developers outside of EA getting an opportunity to see what they can do with the Star Wars franchise but I hope this doesn’t lead to a saturation of mediocre games.

I’m happy this still means we can expect a Fallen Order sequel.

I’m definitely more interested in a possible return to KotOR, if the rumours are true, or a sequel to Fallen Order.

Fallen Order had a good cast, a great style & told an interesting story. I’d really hope they would drop the “Souls” inspired bullshit gameplay for a sequel though.

Knights of the Old Republic remains the gold standard for Star Wars gaming. If it is coming back, I’ll be over the moon.

They have dropped 4 successful games so I think they have done pretty good. Maybe not the amount of games people wanted but they been commercial hits.