Ubisoft+ Is probably coming to gamepass on 2021

For Ultimate with new and old Ubi games and add-ons? $25-30. That’s not even the price of half a game.

Dont see how this works without catapulting the price of game pass so idk.

$15 and not a penny more. Stop ballooning gamepass and its price.

1 Like

As long as it’s in tiers I don’t see the problem?

2 Likes

Wait guys…is this even legal?

1 Like

The problem is you may be somehow forced to go for higher priced tiers in the future.

1 Like

I agree with Klobrille. I can see UPlay being in Game Pass Ultimate which would be like EA’s Vault and then a higher priced tier to get games day one. I would just subscribe to the higher tier for a month and then cancel if there’s a game I want to play and don’t have to buy it.

1 Like

I mean yeah, the service would never come to Game Pass Ultimate for free, unless it is like EA Play. however, for an additional fee, it is not impossible, far from it.

Idk about that, could also just come to xcloud. That’s the service that’s launching on a billion devices and give Ubisoft tons of marketing exposure and a huge market.

The only thing is that, for now, xCloud is only accessible through Game Pass and working with Xbox console hardware in the blades, contrary to Stadia and Luna for example.

I think that would defeat the purpose of tiers?

That would a good way to approach it. They will need to separate Streaming from Game Pass though.

Im going to play Ubisoft games via Stadia now by subbing to Ubisoft+ and thats it. Their games be dropping 30 dollars in 2 weeks so not worth buying day 1.

Ubisoft is my number one publisher and developer so almost every game is a day one buy with some games being physical (like Watch Dogs Legion or next year’s Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake) and some games being digital if im all in with the expansions (like AC Valhalla and Immortals) but for the games that are physical, I would prefer to just subscribe for $20 as a monthly rental even if it’s outside of Game Pass (Ultimate).

I think their concern would be that they would eventually phase out the lower tiers if a significant proportion of people are on a higher tier. In the same way that someone might be concerned that they’re going to get rid of the non-ultimate tiers. As much as I am a proponent of choice and granularity, I can see how that would be a concern for someone who’s perfectly content with a low-price-low-content tier.

I would love to see more granularity, especially with something like DLC. Not sure how financially viable it would be, though.