Tunic |OT| Zeldan Ring

Its really important to explore everywhere and collect the manual pages. Most stuff is explained there. I’m still missing around 20 pages but everything becomes clearer now.

1 Like

Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I feel this game could have used a lot more focus on exploration and maybe some puzzle solving and significantly less combat situations. The fact that the combat is so frustrating and frankly, unengaging would not as much of a deterent if it wasn’t so damn constant

It’s the vast majority of what this game has you doing, in which case I feel it needed to be better executed

4 Likes

Feels about the same, if more condensed as A Link to the past to me, a lot of combat with a simple fighting style that relies heavily on using your item’s and environment to create oportunies. The exploration itself is done in a hidden paths in every direction that has you going back and forth, opening short cuts and finding new areas to explore and I’m loving everything about it.

Edit:, Thinking about it some more the world of Tunic is like a gigantic Link to the past dungeon.

Am Imagining things or is the fox changing color? Could that signify something?

Ice magic is just so good, only 3 charges but everything even the boss I fought before just gets stopped so far.

Edit: the salesfox in the location east of the bonfire, but north of the east forest(Fortress of the eastern vault map on the manual) sells strawberries which are another healing item in the game, I have bought 4 for 100 each and it didn’t disappear.

Just rolled credits. Absolutely charming little game. Gameplay feel was imo a bit poor, but the wonderful world and the manual made up for it. God i love how they did the manual/guide, its one of the most unique things ive seen in a game in a long time.

Didnt go for the True ending, gameplay was eh enough to where i didnt want to explore and solve all the puzzles and get all the fairies and all that, just watched a video of it. Very cute

2 Likes

Really enjoying what I’ve played so far which is about 3 hours. So far the thing I’ve been finding a bit difficult is finding where to go as there are so many slightly hidden side passages and stuff that actually lead to the next important area or important chests

Made it to the end of the Eastern Vault Fortress lass night, with the way everything is set a boss battle should be the next thing happening. Before that though I will be grinding some money to buy up more bombs and other items before fighting.

What’s this?

Not sure what this one does, but the one with a heart on it, allows enemies to drop heart shaped health. Could be an attack boost? Need to actually test it.

Oh so they’re like perks, I didn’t actually notice a difference to attacks though

Yes, as for attack strength I think for the most part it usually only goes up a little, like how the smaller pig guards in the first areatook 4 hits with the sword before and now it takes 3 for me. So for testing I would just have to compare the health left after 2 hits, currently with 2 upgrades to attack on the shrine I think it still takes 3 attacks.

its an ability card. If you equip this you get an attack boost if you health is low. If you explore, you can find more of them and can also expand your stats to equip more than one ability card.

See page 20 of the instruction manual.

1 Like

Thanks!

Can anyone point me to where I go after snagging the blue key/gem?

I’m not there yet. But have you collected all 3(?) keys? I only remember the short cutscene after ringing the second bell of an altar behind the big golden door. I think these 3 keys belong there.

I have yes

I put the invincibility mode to defeat the Garden Knight :wall_peek:

1 Like

If you have already put all 3 keys in their place, then go to the spirit world thing through the golden fast travel plates and enter the one in the middle

1 Like

So just found an hour glass in the very first area that Slows down time as long as we have magic, while it’s slowed we can move faster than our enemies.

Seige Engine down! That was such a fun fight Once you know the mechanic of running to its butt, it’s just a matter of getting it right. The time slowing hourglass helps plenty as well.

1 Like