Toys for Bob (Activision studio) : would you like them to handle the Banjo-Kazooie IP?

I’d prefer Conker but yes, why not.

Actually you bring up a good point, TFB could pump out Crash 5 much faster than a new Banjo game due to the amount of work/assets and animations that they already have available from Crash 4. Considering how amazing Crash 4 was I’d still be more than happy to get a new Crash before a new Banjo, in general I love 3D platformers so the more the merrier. :gimme:

Can’t verify this but some are saying Toys for Bob openly said they’d like to work on Banjo. Even if not true, they worked on Crash and Spyro, it’s not their IP but they still made it and made it well, so I think they’d also welcome Banjo and make it well.

TBH I’d like Spyro 4 much more. Crash was always whatever to me.

People keep assuming just because Rare dont want to make more Banjo that they are ok with others doing so, letting others work on KI and Battletoads doesnt mean they are fine with someone coming in and working on Banjo

Id happily take both over Banjo

I don’t believe Toys for Bob can capture Banjo’s british sense of humor, so no, at least jn the first glance.

Nintendo did something similar with Donkey Kong Country and, although DKC Tropical Freeze is an excellent game, it lacks “something” the SNES trilogy have.

1 Like

Rare has stated time and again if someone has a good pitch their ip vault is open.

2 Likes

I think Toys for Bob can handle the design and Rare collabs with oversight and writing. Like Battletoads.

I think this solves my main concern. Tough, I don’t know if they ever worked on sandboxes level designs like Banjo is, but after Crash 4 and Spyro remakes I trust them to do a good job.

1 Like

I honestly enjoyed the Skylanders games as platformers even with the Toy requirement, I think ANY new games from them would be welcome.

2 Likes

Skylanders as a mascot platformer with Banjo, Blinx, Conker, Spyro, and all the possible platformer IP and characters under Microsoft now… not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all :gimme:

But no toy or NFC requirements. Figure something else maybe with a phone app or something

1 Like

I like that idea! instead of coming out with a new Spyro game, then a new Banjo, a new Crash, a new whatever. Skylanders could be a platform to add different games to over time like Spyro could have his on campaign, Crash his, Banjo thiers. They wouldn’t have to be full blown 10-15 hour AAA campaigns, but managable chunks of story that could be added to while they all have the combined world to play with them all in. It could be like the Avenger’s Multiverse of Xbox platforming IP. That way people can get their the nostalgia of these past games while creating something new at the same time.

Not sure about the toys though, I thought that was a cool addition to the game. Maybe you could collect cards or something. Maybe a tie in mobile game of some sort with AR.

Sure why not them or Double Fine since Rare do not want to make them games anymore

Double fine has stated they dont really like sequels and that they arnt a cover band for other studios… so i doubt they are down