Toys for Bob (Activision studio) : would you like them to handle the Banjo-Kazooie IP?

https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1483479839285952514?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1483479839285952514|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

So as everyone knows, Rare has no desire to develop a new Banjo-Kazooie game. Regarding Rare’s legacy IPs, we have:

• Dlala Studios working on Battletoads (high chance a Season 2 is in the works considering a job listing)
  • The Initiative working on Perfect Dark
  • vague rumors of Bandai Namco potentially working on Killer Instinct

Let’s assume that the acquisition of Activision goes well in 2023, would you like to see Toys for Bob handle (with the support of Rare and Gregg Mayles) the Banjo IP ? Assuming again they would be interested and their support on Warzone not essential.

Or continue developing Crash and Spyro ? Or something else ?

Just my opinion but I think they would be a great fit for a Banjo-Redooie game (modern remaster / remake of Banjo-Kazooie with new worlds or additional content). Somehow like Banjo-X (before it was (unfortunately imo) changed into Nuts & Bolts) whose the concept sounded fantastic.

Banjo X was a remake of Banjo-Kazooie that Rareware were developing for the Xbox in 2005, which was eventually cancelled and redeveloped into Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

In an effort to surprise players who’re familiar with Banjo-Kazooie , the game would have been advertised as a straightforward remake with very few changes, but in reality it would diverge wildly from the original as it progressed. Characters would develop a sense of self-awareness about having to relive the scenarios featured in Banjo-Kazooie , and they’d change their behaviour accordingly. The levels and gameplay setpieces would differ too: for example a giant termite queen would burst out of Ticker’s Tower in Mumbo’s Mountain, and Conga would use his oranges to defeat her. Humba Wumba and other characters from Banjo-Tooie would also appear, possibly along with some of its locations.

5 Likes

Dont care as long as I get a Spyro game first.

Despicable Me Please GIF

2 Likes

Yes. This is literally a dream that I didn’t dare express because of how impossible it would be to contract an Activision studio for a game lol

Give them Banjo and Conker.

Remaster collection like Crash and Spyro. And then Banjo-Threeie. Conker 2? Maybe. Or maybe an Xbox Kart Racer.

1 Like

I think they’d do a pretty good job at it. I have yet to play Crash 4 but it does look like a great successor compared to the OG games. That said, both VV and Toys For Bob are two studios that I hope to see a lot from and there’s plenty of other IPs they could have their own take on. *edit: VV merged with ActiBlizz so nvm

1 Like

Perfect studio for them

3 Likes

I believe Vicarious Visions no longer exists and has been merged with Blizzard to support them.

Id rather they worked on Crash/Spyro but im not against them working on Banjo if I can get the first 2 as well

2 Likes

Yepp, you’re right.

Vicarious Visions drops its name in merger with Blizzard, sources say - Polygon

As long as someone gets to make Spyro, @ladyknottian will be happy :slight_smile: Maybe a rotation between that and Banjo :wink:

ps4 playstation GIF

Spyro is one series Im kinda emotionally attached. One of my first consoles was a PS1 that my grandma got me and she bought the Spyro games and she loved seeing me play them.

3 Likes

They would be a good fit but I would prefer to let them make Spyro/Crash.

4 Likes

Id prefer they just let them make whatever they want, regardless of what series it is.

5 Likes

We got the 10 year old wee girl a Series S for Xmas. There really isn’t much for her to play outside of Fortnite and Minecraft.

She’d love Crash, Spyro on Gamepass… even if any new game would be a few years away, the oder games would do.

2 Likes

Give them Conker too

3 Likes

Personally I’d group them up with Rare and Double Fine as let them all work alongside each other to make PG rated games.

Give them something. Banjo, conker, crash, anything. They just don’t need to be helping with Call of Duty

2 Likes

How about a revival of Blinx

4 Likes

What about Vicarious Visions or did Toys for Bob make both Crash and Spyro trilogy.

The problem with Vicarious Visions is that they got merged with Blizzard, not sure if that’s reversible or not at this point. They did the Crash trilogy.

2 Likes

I’d rather Nintendo make banjo with a partnership deal. Because can’t see ms commit to a banjo game like that.

1 Like