Toys for Bob (Activision studio) : would you like them to handle the Banjo-Kazooie IP?

Microsoft don’t have to do anything themselves but pay and allow the game to be made, it shouldn’t be anything expensive AT ALL

Oh yeah, pump money into this studio, grow them, give them free reign with Banjo, Spyro, Viva and Crash. Let them make what they want from those.

2 Likes

Spyro 4 first.

1 Like

I hope MS considers reforming VV but I wouldn’t be surprised if Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 are all hands on deck situations.

3 Likes

I’d love them to expand with more employees and take ownership of Crash, Spyro, and Banjo. One game per gen for each of those plus a kart racer and I’ll be happy.

3 Likes

YES! Have them be the platform studio and rotate between banjo crash spyro and whatever else they want to do.

Achievement Hunter Dont Go There GIF by Rooster Teeth

2 Likes

Still mildly annoyed that Blinx 2 was never made BC.

Not that I was going to play it, but it just mildly irritates me for some reason that I can’t explain.

Id be totally down to see Blind show up as a guest or Easter egg in other games though!

2 Likes

He will live on as a guest character in Banjoo lol

Hear me out, a blinx in which blinx not only goes through original worlds but also visit licensed ips, in the same way kingdom hearts works.

I feel like this idea could work with conker with a twist… instead of movie parodies do parodies on games and ip… or both

Would a Blinx revival only be possible with the power of the SSD?

6 Likes

Phil has been very vocal on needing more family friendly IPs so im hopeful he can let those Crash/Spyro studios and everyone else do their thing instead of being stuck on CoD

I swear if they get IPs like Crash frickin Bandicoot and do nothing with them :phil_unsure:

1 Like

The issue with conker is that it’s core identity is shit posting literally (I’m looking at you great mighty poo), but while it does have an appeal, it would be necessary to lower the jokes to get a wider audience, and i don’t think it would be well received. Maybe blinx can be rebooted to be microsoft kingdom hearts, and blinx’s gameplay already resembles ratchet n clank quite a bit, so two birds with one stone.

short answer: yes

There were only three options I’d thought were good for a Banjo revival and that was Playful, Toys for Bob and the dream collab which is Nintendo. Well now that MS owns TFB, it’s a no brainer what’s not just good but also very feasible.

2 Likes

I also had Gears for Breakfast in mind who were apparently openly open to working on Banjo.

3 Likes

Until this acquisition i was pounding the gears for breakfast makes banjo drum.

4 Likes

My answer is yes and no.

The reason why I say that is because even though I think they could do a great job it means, Gears For Breakfast isn’t working on a Banjo Kazooie game right now.

Then Toys For Bob can’t bring out a Banjo Kazooie game until the acquisition is finalized and that is around 23, so they won’t be able to bring a game out to launch until 25 or 26.

Absolutely I would. I’m not a big Crash fan but they did a great job with what they’ve done with it and think they are talented enough to handle it.

Would absolutely love to see toys for Bob be split into 3 teams if they are willing, and have dedicated teams working on new iterations of Spyro,crash and banjo.

2 Likes