Top 10 Favorite Games of All Time

I can’t even tell you how many amusement parks I’ve built.

2 Likes

I wasn’t the best at getting the nausea down and keeping the fun up but really enjoyed building crazy coasters.

1 Like

To this day I still watch RCT2 YouTube videos. Marcel Vos makes excellent RCT content.

1 Like

My top ten:

1. Super Smash Bros Melee
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. Super Metroid (or Zero Mission)*
  4. Halo CE
  5. Halo Wars
  6. Battlefield Bad Company 2
  7. Paper Mario 64 (or Thousand Year Door)*
  8. Witcher 3 (Blood and Wine surpasses the novels imo)
  9. Mass Effect 1 on the Legendary Edition (came to Mass Effect late because all I cared about during the 360 gen was multiplayer)
  10. R.U.S.E. (it’s a WW2 RTS game with a really cool/dorky cinematic trailer)

*I need to replay Zero Mission and Thousand Year Door to see if they top Super Metroid and PM64.

Honorary mentions:

• Gears of War 2
  • Battlefield 1
  • Slay the Spire - Bought the game on Switch, Android, and PC, and played it on Xbox GP. Incredible game.
  • Pokemon Red and Gold (stopped playing pokemon after gen 4’s Diamond/Pearl)
  • Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (M16 with stopping power was a consistent one burst kill)
  • Halo Reach’s and Halo 5’s multiplayer (bring back Invasion already)
  • My PlayStation “credentials” are pretty light (never owned ps1 or ps3), but I really dug: Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, and some Tony Hawk and Ratchet & Clank games on ps2.
1 Like

RCT2 is a really good top ten game, although I was more into Zoo Tycoon 2 with the dinosaur dlc.

2 Likes

My updated list. Some things changed around a bit and I expect this year to have a similar impact (going to be playing quite a few classics). :slight_smile:

1. NieR: Automata
  2. Gears of War 3
  3. Pokémon Gold Version
  4. Yakuza 0
  5. Persona 5 Royal
  6. Bioshock
  7. Ori and the Blind Forest
  8. Sekiro: Shadow’s Die Twice
  9. Death Stranding
  10. Shadow of the Colossus
2 Likes

I was also a Gold person. Sucks that I missed the remake. I’ll have to try to emulate it one day.

My favorite part of Gears 3 is the Raam’s Shadow DLC. A new locust/swarm campaign would be great.

What games are you going to replay?

1 Like

I just played through SoulSilver last year! Was a good time. I need to get through the post-game though before I can decide if I would place it over the originals. Hopefully you can play it soon enough!

Gears 3 is so legendary. If we get a remaster collection, I’ll be playing that and 2 non-stop.

I don’t know what games I’ll be replaying. Probably Sekiro, NieR: Replicant, and maybe Hades. Otherewise going to be playing a bunch of new and old games that I’ve never played.

Already finished Persona 5 Tactica and the original Final Fantasy VII this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

None of them will be in order, I can’t choose :rofl:

• Injustice 2
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
  • Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (though choice, one of my favorite series of all time)
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
  • Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Like a Dragon Gaiden (another though choice, I love the whole series as well)
  • The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe

That list is definitely going to change if I read it again, it’s do hard.

2 Likes

Playing the multiplayer of this with a large group of friends was such a blast with learning and countering each other’s strategies and playing mind games.

3 Likes

I once thought of a top-10 but that has been quite some time ago.

So I just thought of an updated one:

1. Sid Meier’s Pirates!
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. Championship Manager/Football Manager
  4. Rocket League
  5. Slay the Spire
  6. Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne
  7. Soul Calibur 2
  8. Super Mario World
  9. Red Storm Rising
  10. Battlefield 3

Thing is, as I’ve been gaming since the early 80s, I probably miss a lot of older games now. It would take quite some time to check all games I played a lot since then, list them and then make a top-10 again. Might do it one day. For now this will do.

I played Pirates! on the C64 when I was a kid, it was probably the first time I got really invested in a game. It was so cool to be able to be a Dutch pirate and taking over the entire Caribbean, looting treasure, stealing Spanish War Galleons and finding lost family, to end up as a rich land owner after retirement.

It was such a great game for the time, open world, land and seabattles (even though the land battles sucked), swordfighting, being able to marry a Governor’s daughter… I fantasized entire backstories too for every new game.

It’s probably some nostalgia as well, but yeah, I always put Pirates! on 1.

4 Likes
  1. Mass Effect 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Modern Warfare 2
  4. Overwatch
  5. Fallout 3
  6. Red Dead 2
  7. Dead Space 2
  8. Gears 5
  9. Ninja Gaiden Black
  10. SOMA

Honourable Mentions: NHL series, Persona 5 Royale, Metro Exodus, Batman Arkham City.

The list doesnt really change. For me each game is the pinnacle of its genre or does something better than basically any other game. So for something to get kicked off is a major uphill battle.

3 Likes

I highly recommend using Backloggd to keep track of what games you’ve played over the years! I sometimes randomly remember games I’ve played and just mark it.

… I just wish I could remember what I had played in arcades. I was probably, like, 5 going crazy on the machines.:rofl:

1 Like

I might use that if I feel like making a proper top-10! Thanks for the suggestion!

Ah yes, now that you mention the Arcade, I immediately remember that the last time I made a top-10, Namco’s Rolling Thunder was in it. I played that game so much in the arcade that in the end I could finish it from start to finish with just 1 credit if I didn’t make any mistakes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Most of these are nostalgic as they remind me of special moments with past and present, so in no particular order:

• Unreal Tournament 2004
  • The Last of Us 1
  • It Takes Two
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • World of Illusion / Quackshot
  • Wii Sports
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Mario Kart 64 / 8
  • Gears of War 2
  • Fable 2

There’s so many I wish I could include like Left 4 Dead, Skyrim, Quake 3 Arena, Worms Armageddon, Goldeneye 64, Super Smash Bros, Golden Axe, Shenmue, Vigilante 8, Half-life 2, Dishonored, Kinect Sports, Arkham Asylum, AC Brotherhood and much much more.

3 Likes

Gears 5 is an interesting pick. Most people pick 1, 2 or 3. I’m nostalgic for Gears 2 multiplayer and horde, but I also think the story and gameplay in Gears 5 are some of the best in the series. I liked all the characters in Gears 5 except maybe Del who was a bit bland.

3 Likes

Its solely due to the MP for me. Ive put probably 500+ hours into ranked KOTH in Gears 5. First Gears MP to really grab me.

As for the campaign I wasnt a huge fan of “The Choice” at the end.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t do this already but here goes:

1. The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
  3. Mega Man 2 (NES)
  4. Halo CE (Xbox)
  5. Bionic Commando (NES)
  6. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)
  7. Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII (PS2)
  8. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC)
  9. DOOM II (PC)
  10. World of Warcraft (PC)

Leaving out so many great games is incredibly difficult. :smile:

4 Likes

Truer words have never been spoken. Although I’ve found even doing a Top 50/100 is also difficult.:rofl::sob:

1 Like