Tons of new Redfall information in interview with GamesRadar: "(Redfall) is the studio's spin on Far Cry"

There’s at least hope, but I’m not holding my breath. If Redfall becomes a huge success, they might just want to make another one with a big world. It’s exactly those sealed immersive sim-like environments from Prey that I love to bits.

But, there’s hope.

two studios that take turns trying out new things, I have confidence they’ll make what they want/are great at and not get locked into anything if they aren’t enjoying it

1 Like

This is starting to sound very good.

2 Likes

Them referencing Stalker made everything clicked for me.

I see the vision, hopefully the final product delivers.

4 Likes

Great article! This has convinced me I absolutely should be keeping an eye on this game. The gameplay reveal conveyed a different kind of game to me somehow, but I never really bothered to look into it.

Great interview.

1 Like

Far Cry 2 was the one where your gun could jam/break?

Wasn’t that keen on Redfall but it’s sounding pretty sweet now so I’ll be sure to check it out.

Sounds absolutely amazing. Arkane never misses.

1 Like

Dishonored 3 drops and Prey 2 becomes a reboot with the name they want it to have.

the new name? Pray

2 Likes

Pray for Talos, everyone thinks it’s an Elder Scrolls Spin off, throws a fit.

7 Likes

7 Likes

They will call it Predator

8 Likes

All good points, after Deathloop I’m open to whatever Arcane throws at us. Absolutely love that game.

1 Like
13 Likes

STALKER?

Aight, that’s it. NOW I’m sold.

8 Likes

Arkane doesn’t miss

5 Likes

Speaking my langauge with Arkane and Stalker.

Also

"By Arkane’s standards, the description of a “big-ass open world” is accurate –

… But by modern open-world standards, the titular island will likely be quaint by comparison."

The second part of the qoute is getting clipped, but is incredibly important in todays open world bloat.

8 Likes

What part of this emergent? are you talking about? care to say more? I’m one of the few on this forum that actually enjoy Ubisoft games so i would like to know what you seem to like so much about Far Cry 2 when Far Cry 3 and onwards are basically better in almost everway.

Greenberg likes tweet

Late January seems likely

4 Likes