TMNT Shredder’s Revenge is officially out on GP

Check out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge on Xbox Game Pass! https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NS3673HVH41

8 Likes

I’m gonna wait to play this in co-op with a friend but I’m excited to play.

3 Likes

EXCITED! Wife and I are gonna play it tonight.

It’s fun, but there are enough bugs to annoy the shit out of you. Now I do have to mention that we’re playing in co-op with 5 players, but that should work fine.

But we’re getting crashes back to dashboard, black screens where only enemies can be seen, people randomly dropping out and in again, stage randomly restarting.

Come on now.

1 Like

It’s good to be reminded why I rarely play games until a few patches are out nowadays lol. As a backlogger, you get really spoiled by playing, mostly, finished games.

2 Likes

Yeah, but I gotta tell ya, I didn’t expect any real bugs for this, a game like this? But it’s been clear now for a while that bugs aren’t exclusive to the bigger games, damn.

It was fun while it lasted.

Back to my life in RDR2 then.

2 Likes

This is the way.

1 Like

Maybe Xbox should borrow the devs like with PD.

1 Like
7 Likes

The new TMNT arcade game doesn’t support the officially licensed Xbox Series arcade controller.

:-1::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

2 Likes

@Shpeshal_Nick might also be interested in Final Vendetta which just released :boxing_glove:

4 Likes

Did a full playthrough last night with my brothen and a colleague, it was an insane amount of fun! Story mode is perfect if you don’t really want to worry about dying like in arcade mode, you can make your character level up and get stronger and develop new skills, and the experience is a lot more chaotic IMO than in previous games with lots of ennemies on screen at the same time, which I thought was a good thing also sometimes it gets hard to track your character, especially if you are all playing turtles.

Lots of fan service as well, brought back a lot of memories from my childhood and the music and level design is excellent! I might actually buy it on sale later down the line once it exits Gamepass as I can see myself playing it again. If you have Gamepass you owe it to yourself to play this game.

5 Likes

I think this game will eventually get packaged with the turtles collection that releases in a few months. Basically play it free on gamepass for now then purchase the inevitable bundle later on.

Also I find the idea of “arcade mode” dishonest since arcades really only limited you to how many quarters you had. Anytime you died you could just put in another quarter to keep playing. Beating TMNT at Chucky Cheese back in the day was a group effort :joy: It was the NES that gave you limited lives and continues but even then anyone serious about gaming had a game genie anyway.

1 Like

Wow, talk about products I haven’t heard about in a long long time. That is what some current-gen single-player games really need for consoles. :laughing:

3 Likes

Wife and I went thru it all that night. Really fun game.

1 Like

A. That’s lame

B. There’s an Xbox Series fight stick :exploding_head:

None of you seem to have issues.

Makes me think these issues could have been cross play. One of my buddies in the team played on PC.

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Stick-alpha-Designed-x/dp/B08NDVGXGB/

1 Like

I love a good couch family friendly couch co-op that I can play with my kids.

This hits the spot perfectly.

Easy and to play Nostalgic for me Familiar IP to the children Short levels

I really really want a Simpsons and a X-men game like this now. My kids love the Simpsons arcade game. X-men may not be as recognisable right now but I’d love to play Nightcrawler or colossus in a new beat ‘em up again.

8 Likes