The Xbox Store Sucks

Yep there’s some $20 games I want but I’m not sure I want to buy at full price because I know they are pretty short games.

Stop right there you were going great until you mention them i disagree them games believe it or not people actually make a living off of them.

I believe those belong in the creators club or whatever it was called. Is that even a thing anymore?

MS store is obviously more curated than Steam or Switch, on Xbox and PS there is much much less shovelware than the other two (pc is open and Nintendo greenlights everything nowadays because big games skip the platform).

My biggest issue with it is trying to find betas it’s ridiculous. It took me 5 minutes to find the BF2042 beta. Why not just attach the beta to the main game tile?

Oh for sure, and I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Curating the store’s line up of games keeps shovelware to a minimum, but deciding which games then get to go on sale, and when, is quite another thing.

That’s all up to the developers/publishers.

I tend to use something outside of the actual system these days. I know that doesn’t bode well for the stores on all these systems.

Usually if I want to buy a game I’ll just use the web store on my phone or laptop. Like I bought Metroid Dread on my phone.

I’ll use the gamepass section on my Series S. That’s about it though.

Is it? So if I’m a publisher who wants his 2D roguelite game to go on sale on Monday, but the theme of Monday’s sale is Open World Survival, my game still gets discounted but is listed separate to the curated sale? I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen. I mean, obviously a publisher decides on a discount once agreeing to take part in a sale, but I’m curious about how they get involved in a sale in the first place. I’m not convinced that part is “all up to the publisher”, but that’s total conjecture on my part.

Yes.

Ok, well that’s good to know. I’d be interested to know in more detail how it works if you’re able to respond to the rest of my post?

If you select the games tab and go to “game specials” you will see all the discounted games not just the ones in the curated themed list

1 Like

As to being included in a themed or hilighted marketed sale, that is a slightly different matter. But pricing and discounts are under pub/dev purview.

Creators club is not a thing anymore but them games are still there if you search by price lowest you will see them.

1 Like

It was until this latest store update and now apparently they’re included with all of the other titles.

2 Likes

Another thing that makes me sad is when you see a cool looking cover but it ends up being some retro platformer or 8/16 bit game. Those go to the back of the list because I don’t like them :joy: No Way Raccoon GIF

Personally just would like a hide already owned filter somewhere.

1 Like

I don’t see a point in that as when a game you owned it shows as owned lol

It gets pretty bad once u own over 400. I would rather find new stuff not see a giant list of owned products.

1 Like

400 is nothing i owned over 1000 I still don’t see a problem ignore the games you already owned problem solve.

1 Like