The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

I’ll repeat what I have said before -

Moderators need to “pin” this thread. Same for Game Pass OT as well. It simply makes sense to do so.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot!

Unfortunately we are entering a period with very few new releases, which is common for December / January. There is only one new game release left for this month (Override 2), and only three games scheduled for next month (Hitman 3, Ride 4 and The Medium). Hopefully we get more surprise next-gen patches to keep us entertained during this drought!

2 Likes

You’re welcome Bruno.

@Sikamikanico @Shpeshal_Nick - It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could agree to “pin” this topic as it was before along with the Game Pass OT. Both topics are essential to Xbox in my opinion and should be “pinned”. Thanks.

3 Likes

What the community wants, the community gets. :green_heart:

6 Likes

Nice. Thanks. Appreciate it.

Can you also pin the Game Pass OT as well?

4 Likes

Pre-orders Update | December 14, 2020

The following Series X|S game is now available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store:

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood ($49.99)
Developer: Cyanide
Publisher: Nacon
Genre: Action & Adventure
Tags: 60 FPS
Release date: February 4, 2021

@brunopcosta1 saw on twitter that Fornite is getting further enhancements tomorrow.

1440p 120fps on Series X and 1080p 120fps on S.

3 Likes

Good to know! Fortnite was optimized on day one, but they have promised so many features that are yet to be seen in the console, including Ray Tracing.

1 Like

Its the slow victories lol.

Anyway big winner Series S again with 1080p 120fps on the biggest shooter on earth lol.

2 Likes

Game Pass Update | December 15, 2020

The following Series X|S game was added to the catalogue today:

Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition ($59.99)
Developer: The Coalition
Publisher: Xbox Game Studios
Genre: Shooter
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, HDR, 120 FPS, Smart Delivery, Console Exclusive
Release date: December 15, 2020
Inclusion date: December 15, 2020

Note: Gears 5: Game of the Year Edition replaces Gears 5: Ultimate Edition in the Game Pass catalogue and includes:

• Gears 5 base game
  • Halo: Reach Character Pack
  • 30 days of Boost
  • Gears 5: Hivebuster expansion
5 Likes

Releases Update | December 16, 2020

The following Series X|S game was released today:

Freddy Spaghetti ($4.99)
Developer: Playful Pasta
Publisher: Ratalaika Games
Genre: Action & Adventure
Size: 0.83 GB
Tags: 4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS, Smart Delivery
Release date: December 16, 2020

This looks surprisingly interesting after seeing the trailer

It is one of those physics-based games that can be fun and annoying at times. I had my fun with it, especially at that price!

1 Like

Pre-orders Update | December 17, 2020

The following Series X|S game is now available for pre-order on the Microsoft Store:

Back 4 Blood ($59.99)
Developer: Turtle Rock Studios
Publisher: Warner Bros. Games
Genre: Shooter
Tags: Smart Delivery
Release date: June 22, 2021

Control Ultimate Edition releasing February 2nd for Xbox Series S|X and PS5! Includes two modes, a 60 FPS performance mode and a 30 FPS graphics mode with ray-tracing.

3 Likes

the pain for us day one people…

2 Likes

I bought the Ultimate Edition recently for $20 so I’m good, but it is a pretty shitty move to lock the next-gen versions behind the Ultimate Edition.

3 Likes

I wont support this shit move

2 Likes

That was my stance but at $20 it cost the same as the season pass I didnt own so I bought it just now.

1 Like