The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

Yeah I’d much rather they let Sony fans get it too but let us have it on Game Pass. this is a perfect game for Game Pass. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That seems to be oddly cheap, but I’m not sure what is a common price in the US.

Microsoft has to be very careful not to make the same mistakes that Sony did with the Vita and those criminally expensive memory cards.

Oh, I did not know that! That’s interesting to say the least. I wonder what happened?

Update | August 22, 2020

The following games were added today:

• Gotham Knights

WB Games Montreal, the developers responsible for Batman: Arkham Origins, has been teasing its new game for way too long, and today it was finally revealed on the DC FanDome: Gotham Knights, an open-world, third-person action RPG, is coming to the Series X on 2021!

• Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

It has been five years since Rocksteady blessed us with its last game, Batman: Arkham Knight. We still have to wait a couple of years, but at least we now know exactly what to look forward to: Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is coming to the Series X on 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1p7nWylfNs

1 Like

Damn I’m going to need to find some friends for these lol!

Update | August 26, 2020

• Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War

Activision announced today that Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War is coming to the Series X at launch. Following 2K’s steps, the game will not support Smart Delivery and will cost more than the current gen’s version, retailing at $69.99.

• Just Dance 2021

Ubisoft confirmed another launch title for the Series X: Just Dance 2021 is releasing this November. Like every other announced Ubisoft title for the console, the game will support Smart Delivery.

• Puyo Puyo Tetris 2

2020 is definitely the year of Tetris on Xbox! Sega has announced that Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is launching on the Series X on December 8, 2020. The game will cost $39.99 and will also support Smart Delivery.

The following game had its release date changed:

• Chivalry 2 (Torn Banner Studios / Tripwire Interactive)

Previously expected to be released later this year, Chivalry 2 was delayed to 2021.

1 Like

Update | August 27, 2020

• Blood Bowl 3 (Cyanide Studios / Nacon)

Nacon and Cyanide Studios have announced that Blood Bowl 3, a new iteration of the turn-based strategy game inspired by football in the Warhammer world, is set for a release on early 2021 on the Series X.

• Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead (ClockStone / Headup)

Developed by the creators of Bridge Constructor: Portal, this new take on the series was announced today at Gamescom and it is coming to the Series X later this year.

• LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (TT Games / Warner Bros.)

Previously announced for the current generation of consoles with an expected release date of 2020, it was confirmed that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is also coming to the Series X with an updated release window of Spring 2021. The game will support Smart Delivery.

• Little Nightmares II (Tarsier Studios / Bandai Namco)

It was revealed at Gamescom that the sequel to the critically-aclaimed 2017 game is coming to the current generation of consoles on February 11, 2021, while a Series X version of the game is expected to be released on a later date.

• Override 2: Super Mech League (Modus Studios Brazil / Modus Games)

It was also announced that Override 2, a competitive mech brawler developed by a studio based on my country, is coming to the Series X on December, 2020.

• Unknown 9: Awakening (Reflector Entertainment)

Perhaps one of the most pleasant surprises of today’s show, indie studi Reflector Entertainment has unveiled its first game, Unknown 9: Awakening. The third-person narrative-driven action-adventure game is expected to launch on 2021.

The following game had its release date changed:

• Hitman 3 (IO Interactive)

Previously announced for a January release, it is now confirmed that Hitman 3 is releasing on January 20, 2021. As it was also previously confirmed, the game will support Smart Delivery.

The Unknown9 Awakening game interested me but no gameplay. At least show me 30 seconds so I can grasp what the game itself is from a combat/gameplay perspective.

After Black Myth Wukong, I don’t care what studio it is and where they’re based, you have to show me gameplay if you really want me to care about your game.

1 Like

Update | August 29, 2020

The following game was added today:

• Haven (The Game Bakers)

Previously announced for the Xbox One, it was confirmed that the co-op adventure RPG Haven is coming to the Series X as a launch game! And more: it is releasing day one on Game Pass!

1 Like

If that’s true then it is way less than I was expecting. Must be 1TB for that price.

1 Like

Suicide Squad looks great. Of course have to see what gameplay is like, but damn Rocksteady does good work

2 Likes

Astro just published their compatibility system for their headsets on X1/XsX :

https://blog.astrogaming.com/2020/09/xbox-series-x-and-playstation-5-compatibility/

So it seems that all their optical products will be now compatible with USB after a simple firmware update (which is really good for mixamp and A40/50 owners).

Is it a sign of MS opening the XsX to all USB headsets (mostly PC headsets) ? If we can use any USB headset on the new console, I would consider this as an extremely good news !

1 Like

I’m crossing my fingers (but NOT holding my breath) something similar with come for their PS5 controller, the C40 TR. That is assuming they are back in stock and not discontinued. I don’t have any need for Dualsense haptic feedback (I turn off rumble; or on the Elites reduce it to “almost off” for game use and allow a bit more in the triggers for Forza Horizon). I never intend to blow on the microphone and I don’t intend to ever use the adaptive triggers (early arthritis in index fingers).

MS announcing compatibility with current headsets prompted me to buy a Steel Series Arctic X for my son as a “good grades” reward a couple of months ago. That, and with a dongle this model would work with his laptop for school sessions.

Update | September 1st, 2020

• Dead by Daylight (Behaviour Interactive)

It was confirmed today by developer Behaviour Interactive that a Series X version of the current-gen Dead by Deaylight is coming later this year. The game will support 4K Ultra HD resolution and 60 frames per second, and will be free for everyone who already owns the game.

• Poker Club (Ripstone Games)

Poker Club is the next title from Ripstone Games and it is also arriving on the Series X later this year. Targeting 4K Ultra HD, 60 FPS and Ray Tracing, the game will also support Smart Delivey, as well as cross-gerenational and cross-platform play

1 Like

Hi there! Thank you for the thread-- very helpful and enjoy following it. I registered to help give some info to it as well. Tetris Effect: Connected was confirmed as a launch title after it was announced.

Source: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/23/tetris-effect-connected-multiplayer-on-xbox/

4 Likes

Oh, nice! I have updated the list.

Thank you very much!

Chivalry 2 got the bump to 2021

https://chivalry2.com/2020/08/26/chivalry-2-development-update/

1 Like

Update | September 4, 2020

The following game was added today:

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt Red)

CD Projekt Red confirmed today that one of the greatest games of this generation is also coming to the Series X next year! The game, that already supports 4K Ultra HD resolution and HDR on the Xbox One X, will also support Ray Tracing and Smart Delivery.

3 Likes

Update | September 5, 2020

• Graven (Slipgate Ironworks / 3D Realms, 1C Entertainment)

It was announced today that Graven, a spiritual successor to Hexen II, is coming to the Series X in 2021.

• Ride 4 (Milestone SRL)

Italian developers Milestone SRL confirmed today that Ride 4 is coming to the Series X on January 21, 2021. The game will support 4K Utra HD resolution, 60 frames per second and Smart Delivery.

https://ridevideogame.com/news/ride-4-on-ps5-and-xbox-series-x/

2 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing which games from this generation will receive upgrades on the Xbox Series X. Curious to see if titles like Yooka-Laylee which ran at 1080p could possibly get an upgrade to 4K with 60fps and HDR support. Stuff like that.

5 Likes

Thanks for the hard work you put into this thread. Hopefully, there are many more updates to come.

3 Likes