The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

Great thread.

I’m curious if id will attempt a 120fps performance mode for Doom Eternal? They almost hit 4k60 consistently on the One X so I imagine 4k60 will be no issue unless they add ray tracing to it.

The Game Pass account made a thread on Twitter listing “Every announced Series X game also coming to Game Pass”, somewhat confirming that games like Grounded, Battletoads and Tell Me Why would also come to Series X.

While it’s very likely that all those first party games are being optimized for the Series X some time in the future, I won’t take those tweets as confirmation, as they also list Dragon Quest XI as a Series X game which, as far as we know, is not true.

That was known, no? Because of BC, every Xbox One game is also a Series X game (day one on SX launch too, which is amazing).

Maybe it’s getting a Series X patch lol, probably not though.

As a collector, I’m going to be interested in what games actually get physical releases. It’s a lot harder to track than just what games are released/getting released digitally.

And of course, the big question - with the demise of generations, do the Xbox Series X games get placed on the self after the Xbox One games or mixed in with them? Ha, decisions, decisions! :grin:

Update | August 11, 2020

–

The following game was added today:

• Atomic Heart

The russian developer Mundfish published today a new gameplay video confirming that Atomic Heart, the BioShock-inspired game announced back in 2018 for the Xbox One, is also coming to the Series X. The game is targeting a 2021 release and will support Ray Tracing on next-gen consoles.

–

The following game had its release date changed:

• Halo Infinite

343 Industries announced today that Halo Infinite, which was supposed to be the biggest launch game for the Series X this holiday, was delayed to 2021 due to “multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges”.

Cyberpunk needs to be updated it has a date

The Series X version of the game isn’t coming at the same date as the Xbox One version, unfortunately.

The PS5 and Xbox Series X are both backwards compatible, meaning you’ll be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on next-gen consoles when they launch, but the “full-blown next-gen version” is coming at a later, unspecified date.

Update | August 12, 2020

–

The following game had its release date changed:

• Control: Ultimate Edition

505 Games announced today that Control: Ultimate Edition is coming to the Series X on the end of this year. While it is not known what kind of optimizations the game will have on next-gen consoles, it is known that it will not support Smart Delivery - if you have the base game on the Xbox One, you will have to purchase the Ultimate Edition to gain access to the Series X version.

The Ultimate Edition comes with every piece of DLC and retails at $39.99.

Update | August 13, 2020

–

• DARQ: Complete Edition

Feardemic has announced today that DARQ: Complete Edition is coming to the Series X on December 2020. The game launched originally on PC on August 15, 2019, and will come to consoles bundled with two DLCs: The Tower, which was released back on March, 2020, and The Crypt, which is scheduled to be released later this year.

1 Like

With games like Forza Horizon 4, is it not just a patch or is it actually a next gen port as a seperate product?

Thanks for this list by the way, very helpful!

It will be an update enabling the game to run in 4K/60fps with maybe some graphical improvements.

They have since confirmed that PS5 will also get the new version, possibly same dated as well. (regarding cyberpunk)

I can’t even begin to imagine how long it took you to put all of this information together. Incredible. Thanks for all your hard work. This is a great reference for all of us who’d like to keep track of what’s coming (and when) to the Series X.

3 Likes

Update | August 20, 2020

–

• Martha Is Dead

IGN has published an exclusive gameplay video for Martha Is Dead, a murder-mystery horror game announced last year made by LKA, the indie developers behind The Town of Light. Previously scheduled to be released only on PC, IGN confirmed to day that the game is also coming to the Series X on 2021.

Not sure if anyone saw this year

$99 bucks for a 1TB SSD is not bad at all, less than I was expecting assuming this is true

1 Like

That’s a price I can live with, considering game install sizes should become smaller thanks to no longer requiring asset repetition. And besides, the BC games will work on the regular external HDDs, so this would only be for the new games, unlike now when all of us are clogging up TBs but it also comes from the hundreds of small indies and BC titles.

1 Like

Was originally a PS5 game too. Hmmmm.

1 Like

I’m assuming this is a similar case to Death Loop, Ghost Wire: Tokyo, etc. Not a fan of this practice, but still excited for the games.

This makes me sad (if this is the case) in all honesty.:frowning:

1 Like