The Xbox Series X|S guide: every optimized game, future releases, Game Pass and more!

Spacebase Startopia’s beta hit Xbox Game Preview this week and is Optimized for the Series X|S.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Spacebase-Startopia-Game-Preview-/9NGPB7NGBPC9

2 Likes

:thinking:

The article mentions it is still running via backwards compatibility, though.

Yup, shows as XDK, XboxOneGen9Aware after the update so it’s running in BC mode.

1 Like

They removed the option to check the file info in the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead OS build, so I can’t check the dev kit anymore. :frowning:

But it is indeed showing as an Xbox One game for me. But so was Star Wars Squadrons for a few days, so I’ll keep an eye on it!

It can still be optimised though right? I downloaded Rocket League which is optimised but the file info says XDK.

Yeah. If I remember correctly, Gen9Aware should mean it is optimized. I think Sea of Thieves and Ori are a couple of titles that are Gen9Aware

1 Like

As XdkGen9Aware you can know what console type you’re on, but you don’t get access to any expanded RDNA features or functionality nor do you get DirectStorage or Velocity Architecture APIs. So essentially its still the XboxOne feature set.

I feel like I haven’t played a X/S enchanced game in like 2 months now. They’re definitely coming slow. At least for the kind of games i like anyway.

1 Like

They haven’t removed it, they moved it.

Go to a game, click Manage Game and Add Ons, File Info

The game is running as Gen9 Aware which means it detects the Series consoles. It’s been verified to be running at a higher resolution on both Series S and X with X performance mode at 1440p now as stated.

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks for letting me know!!

Yeah, it is indeed a Gen9Aware game and as such it should have the Optimized logo on it. I still believe the store will update soon with the label, just like it did with Star Wars Squadrons.

Hogwarts Legacy delayed to 2022.

1 Like

That game must be nowhere near being completed if they have already decided to delay the game now. Also, I suspect this will be the first of many unfortunately.

1 Like

Hogwarts Legacy is an odd delay for me because footage of the game got leaked back in 2018. So when they announced the game back in September with a 2021 release window, I thought it was locked on – but here they are, delaying the game after only four months of announcing it.

If I had to guess, the whole Cyberpunk fiasco has put a warning above every publisher’s head, which is resulting in more time given for developers. Which is great!

1 Like

There will be many delays announced this year.

1 Like

I was checking the 2021 list and there are not many big names left announced for this year. We have Scarlet Nexus and Resident Evil: Village, which I believe still release this year. I can see Gotham Knights being delayed, but I don’t know if it would also affect the Suicide Squad game slated for 2022.

Most of the games slated for this year were already delayed. From the top of my head:

1. The Medium
  2. The Ascent
  3. Marvel’s Avengers next-gen patch
  4. Control next-gen patch
  5. Far Cry 6
  6. 12 minutes
  7. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
  8. Warframe next-gen patch
  9. Halo Infinite
  10. DARQ next-gen patch
  11. Chivalry 2
  12. RPG Time

Most of those games don’t even have a new release date yet, which favors the developers.

Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen patch will release on second half of 2021.

1 Like

Not surprising. That’s why i decided to just play it when it came out.

Delay of the day: Riders Republic.

Samurai Showdown is getting a Series X|S patch with 120fps support. No word on a PS5 patch. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRcIWhP1-3o&feature=youtu.be

1 Like

THREAD UPDATE

The thread finally has a list of Series X|S Optimized Games in alphabetical order! The list also has information like price, download size, developer, publisher, release date and even extra stuff like support for Dolby Atmos or if it is Cloud Enabled!

The Releases Calendar was moved to the second post of the thread, while the Game Pass section is now the third post.

Feedback is appreciated!

Edit: Added one more section for games in Game Preview!

13 Likes