The Ukraine conflict

Russia still holds one of the most important raw materials on earth, a steady flow of cheap natural gas/oil. That’s a W in China’s eyes. Russia will be even deeper in their debt whether if they win or lose this war.

Yeah, like I said. They gain a vassal and cheaper raw materials, but there are other things which makes the “win” not so big. It’s not like China couldn’t procure this oil and gas before, now they get a discount that’s all.

1 Like

what do they win?

China could have profited of a quick unopposed win of Putin. Then they could be comfortable to seize Taiwan. But now the international communit is united.

Russian oil is not very cheap to extract and with all these sanctions its not getting better. Russias economic power is less than Spain and has around 2% of Chinas trade. Beeing their creditor is worthless.

2 Likes

I’m so sick of what I’ve seen. It’s just so horrible… I have no word.

Nothing will save russians at this point… it’s just barbaric and a totally unnecessary massacre of civilians.

It seems like they are trying to make sure the world won’t ever forget about what they’ve done to ukrainians. I know I won’t.

Sorry to push this thread once again.

I saw that they even killed dogs roaming around the streets of the villages they have occupied…

They have no boundaries. No soul.

The rhetoric I saw on twitter that “russian soldiers think ukrainians are nazis so those who resist are killed” doesn’t work at all.

Russians soldiers see it’s a senseless war, they are destroyed and don’t want to feel weak, so they destroy, steal, rape and kill everything and everyone they can instead of confronting their officers and the people in charge of this mess.

They are mindless cowards.

Every war is like that unfortantely. NATO allies need to stop half assing the sanctions and go for every Russian billionaire.

1 Like

Why are these fuckers killing dogs this time???

This is war, not the Olympics!!!

Yeah… I feel empty, as I can’t reasonably do anything. I can’t even imagine what ukrainians are going through, it’s awful only reading the reports…

I guess the reports about atrocities were coming, just as US intelligence told us in advance, but it’s not something you can prepare yourself.

Sanctions really has to kick in sooner than later, because right now it’s not even making them sweat.

no surprise, this is like the russisan army operates for centuries.

Sanctions take time to be felt, but when they do it hits hard. I wish it was even harder, there is no reason to trade anything with Russia.

Everyone has started to transition away from Russian gas/oil though and that will hurt more than anything, that takes time though. It’s not a switch you can just flip.

The images and reports coming out from Ukraine about the Russian barbarians and their war crimes makes me certain these fuckers will be a pariah for a long time to come.

2 Likes

We all need to continue to pray this war ends. I understand not everyone prays, but being able to do that is better than nothing. Sadly both sides aren’t perfect, because I’ve seen videos of Ukrainian solders shooting Russians in the knees.

It is unfortunate these things happen in war and I just hope because both Ukrainians and Russians are suffering there will be change, that leads to peace. Yes Ukraine is suffering more, but Russia is also now being forced to work with China and that isn’t good for anyone. Then on top of that, you have Russians being put in prison, because they are saying this war isn’t justified.

I understand the Russian leaders need to pay a price, Putin particularly for war crimes, yet at the same time not the Russian people, the reason why I say that is, because after WW1 Germany was given the bill and because the country died ( financially) that lead to the rise of Nazis and the world shouldn’t want see 20, 30 years from now, a new Hitler type of character to come out of Russia.

Plus while people pray for peace, please pray for Ethiopia too, because over 500,000 people have died in that war too.

Be careful. It was most likely a fake video staged by Russia. At the very least, it was a really weirdly shot video which would be perfect to confuse people.

And Ukrainians are not dumb enough to the point of filming these kind of videos, even though I’m pretty sure they show no mercy for russians fighting them and are probably really really pissed off and that’s the euphemism of the year.

It’s really weird to say, but it’s like we still at the same point more than one month after the invasion of Ukraine. Russia has not made much progress, they’ve been taking many losses and should have withdrawn all their troops at this point, but they didn’t and are preparing another attack in the east. I really hope they will be repelled once again, but they won’t back out until they are utterly destroyed sadly…

And you’re right there’s many other wars, but we just don’t care because it’s too far away. We didn’t really care about Ukraine in 2014 even though it was already bad. We let Crimea be invaded too. That’s the way it is. At least we’ve got that wake up call now.

1 Like

Are you seriously comparing a most likely faked video of kneecapped Russian soldiers to massacres of civilians (children ffs!), bombing hospitals and civilian houses, raping and pillaging?

Putin and the Russian people who support this, which seems to be most of them, deserve whatever shit they have coming. We should go easy on them so as not to create nazis? What do you think they are allready?

Jfc.

1 Like

I didn’t read it like that, but there’s a bit of “both sides” in his post, yeah.

This war is confusing for some people because there’s a clear “good side” and “evil side”, which isn’t a common occurence these days. I even watched a journalist on TV today questionning the bucha massacre, if it could have been staged by Ukrainians… Because it’s too much of a clear cut and they are so used to decypher the infos, but there’s nothing to add here ! It’s awful.

There’s no way to defend Russia’s position here, so there’s pretty much no argument to make.

1 Like

To confirm when the bodies appeared, and when the civilians were likely killed, the Visual Investigations team at The Times conducted a before-and-after analysis of satellite imagery. The images show dark objects of similar size to a human body appearing on Yablonska Street between March 9 and March 11. The objects appear in the precise positions in which the bodies were found after Ukrainian forces reclaimed Bucha, as the footage from April 2 shows. Further analysis shows that the objects remained in those position for over three weeks.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you think I’m on Putin’s side. The reason I brought up, what I did was because President Zelenskyy did. He said how we must obey the Geneva Convention laws.

I truly think something got lost in translation. It is horrible what happened and is still happening.

As for why I brought Nazis, because if the world isn’t careful, a world war could come out of this, that leads to millions of deaths, if not billions.

I’m sorry for my post, I even hesitated to even post it.

Without trying to dox myself, I have both Ukrainian and Russians cousins. So I can’t say one side of the family is good and say the other bad. I don’t know how anyone could think I am taking, Putin’s side. I want him to face trial, I was just trying to say not every Russian is evil. That is even why l brought up that Russians are being put in prison, if they speaked against Putin.

There definitely is a good side and a bad side, so I should have made myself more clear and yes Russia is the aggressor. I apologize for making myself sound ignorant, I just don’t want to see anyone die.

Being honest I don’t know who is alive or dead, or what they have done and sadly I do have to think what they could have done.

My heart is breaking and I just want to see an end to this war. Both sides have lost loved ones, but there is no comparison to what Ukraine has had to suffer. Seeing the loss of life, be it the new born babies, to the elderly who survived the holocaust, then to die by another war, it is just sickening.

So I want to apologize again and if I offended anyone, I’m truly sorry.

1 Like

261 Ukraine marines captured in Mariupol today. They were special forces. There are few hundred of Azov fighters. With Mariupol’s Fall Russian Will probably take all the East territory which Is the most important for economy nd resources. We (europeans) should try to reach the peace now: too many people on both sides are death. Stop. Wars are insane.

We Europeans have no say in this. If Ukraine wants to fight in the East and win like around Kiev, so be it. Its their decision. We should support them with sanctions, humanitarian help and of course weapons.

this will in no shape or form escalate to a nuclear war

The info about the Ukrainians marines captured is coming from Russia propaganda channels. It may be less than that or even staged.

But yeah, Mariupol will probably fall soon, sadly, but there’s nothing left there. From a strategic standpoint, it’s the opposite of a victory. Russians will probably move on quickly from there after they’ve secured the city. It’s just too big of a city with nowhere to hide and nothing of value beside the port and warehouses still standing.

Considering russians have withdrawn from the north, that there are unconfirmed reports of them withdrawing from Kherson right now, it’s pretty clear they have suffered too much loss and are regrouping. But regrouping is not as easy as it sounds.

I read a thread from Mark Hertling yesterday on twitter that was pretty interesting. He said that in the north, russians have lost at least 20% of their forces (“lost” as in “not able to do anything anymore”), but 30 to 50% would be more accurate. That’s a lot. And it means that these battalions that have retreated back to Belarus are not going anywhere anytime soon. You can’t reconstruct what is lost by merging different troops and equipment, it doesn’t work like that.

So right now, all point out to the russians trying to get all their remaining forces in the east and take the Donbas in a large offensive, from the north east, the south east in addiction to the east in some kind of pincer maneuver (if they know what it is). It will take them some time, maybe a few days/few weeks, but that’s their last effort. It is bound to fail though, going from the numbers alone. Ukrainians have 40 000 of their best soldiers and equipments repelling them since day one. They’ve been fighting there since 2014. In addition, they’ve received supplies and the population are helping them and supporting them. That’s a huge factor againt the russians.

So Russia needs 40 000 x 4 = 160 000 troops to defeat the Ukrainians in the Donbas alone, without taking into account the reinforcements. They will need way more than that. It’s not going to go well for the russians in the next weeks/months.

Maybe I’m optimistic, but Russia has already lost the war, it’s just that the Kremlin is not aware yet or don’t want to admit defeat.

1 Like