The Series X seems to be in steady supply right now. A blip or trend?

Exciting times ahead :smiley:

1 Like

And people that can’t upgrade for whatever reason have Game Pass Ultimate to allow them to play the games before they upgrade and just continue where they left off.

1 Like

Guessing MS is pushing units out for fiscal quarter’s end to grab a strong marketing push going into summer. They know Sony won’t be able to top more than 19mil LTD shipments for PS5 thru March, so they can really help close the gap a bit with a big last minute push. Might be 19mil vs 15mil or so, which really looks good for Xbox and its momentum especially given GT7 and HFW’s release and Ghostwire’s release.

6 Likes

What was the last number of Xbox consoles sold we had?

1 Like

Vgchartz estimates

VGchartz march estimate

1 Like

More than 12mil was last official figure through year end '21.

2 Likes

I dont think VGchartz is accurate whatsoever

2 Likes

Probably not, but it’s one of the few people that actually try to give numbers based on something they have access to. Right now, they have Switch at 109 million, PS5 at 19 million and Xbox at 13 million and until Microsoft actually gives us the numbers, they are one of the few people that try to track them.

Yea I dont blame people for using them as accurate numbers can be hard to get, just wanted to point out that they’ve been known to be well off with things in the past since like the 360 era

2 Likes

Yeah, I usually only use their numbers as where sales could be currently, not as a definitive accounting of all sales.

Is true that theory of MS paying more to get more chips? Thats how this things work?

Hard to say. They have a limited manufacturing capacity so if contracts were being negotiated I’d assume the folks willing to pay the most are going to get more. Don’t know if they are negotiated on a yearly basis or some other terms though.

4 Likes

I think Xbox is doing well globally. I think they haven’t siphoned away stock from the non-major markets as much as Sony has. This is why they are doing their usual numbers in places like Spain, but Sony has been non-existent. Mainly I think the major difference is Japan. Sony needs more units for Japan, MS can get away with less stock there and send more to other countries.

4 Likes

Xbox is being more serious on their approach to attract worldwide. It does feel like their push is more and more increasing since the start of this year.

4 Likes

Xbox Series X is now sold out on Amazon, still at #3 in video games seller.

5 Likes

Shpeshal Nick said as much in today’s podcast.

GOC

MS’ new strategy: your competitor cannot produce consoles if you buy out all the fab time!

5 Likes

do you have link and timestamp?

What, are you going to make me look?

3 Likes

Dunno why but I’m getting Elden Ring vibes from the Starfield anticipation. As long as it’s not a Cyberpunk level mess of a game at launch I could easily see 10 million sales this year, and as long as the consoles are there for people to buy it on. Hope there’s another drop like this sooner rather than later

1 Like