The Series X seems to be in steady supply right now. A blip or trend?

It makes sense for them to solidify their strongholds.

i mean they beat sony 30:1 in spain last week i believe (900 xbox vs 30 ps5) so they probably help in not stronghold areas as well

Is there a report on a total amount of units by country? Like we heard that Germany is at 1m etc.

Amazing to see. Hopefully it can continue through the year, and there will be stock available for me to pick up for my son in the coming months.

2 Likes

I think Xbox wanted to give publishers WB and MLB a boast with their big games. Think how WB would feel after years of working on Lego Star Wars but no consoles on the shelf! Xbox sent more consoles to help these AAA games.

Edit: also the new Borderlands game that came out too.

But at the same time they donā€™t deliver enough consoles to Japan. Less than 1k is a laughable number if they want to push MLB there, as it is gonna be huge. Though maybe they seceded this to Switch & Sony. And maybe thatā€™s why Sony is delivering there a lot of consoles.

1 Like

Amazon UK started selling Xbox Series X.

And itā€™s gone.

For anyone else curious, the Amazon UK videogame bestseller list has the Switch at #45, the Series S at #46, the Series X at #48, and the PS5 at #90.

PlayStation gift cards is at #1 and Xbox gift cards is at #2.

I also found it interesting that the top 3 bestselling controllers are all Xbox. Robot White at #13, Carbon Black at #16, Elite Series 2 at #19.

Hereā€™s the full list should anyone be curious: Amazon.co.uk Best Sellers: The most popular items in PC & Video Games

3 Likes

In Sweden itā€™s the same situation as it has been since 2020. Series S is readily available everywhere, Series X is sold out and once in a while some stores get a very limited supply.

Demand is very high for PS5 and XSX.

3 Likes

This is good. Really hope MS make April and May huge for Gamepass. I know they have MLB but MLB wonā€™t do shit outside US.

Shame they wonā€™t have one of their bigger 1st parties out right now. A massive Halo update like a coop would have been perfect too.

3 Likes

Yeah, I actually expected a Forza Horizon 5 expansion by now.

(FH4 had its first 2 months after release, and the second one in June)

3 Likes

The car pass only has a couple more to release. DLC1 has to be soon.

Incoming tweets with pictures of store shelves full of Series Xā€™s and no PS5ā€™s

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m thinking the same.

Or you can prove no one wants a Series X by posting a few threads asking retail employees if the demand is there compared to the PS5. This is cutting edge journalism.

8 Likes

You can make a cartoon scene where a guy sees an Xbox Series X, turns around to write on twitter while a kid purchase the last one, and the guy walks away, never look back.

Iā€™m sure I read something on increased supply in Q2 somewhere on the net but canā€™t find it now, if I do Iā€™ll update.

Tip for any one still looking for a series X I regularly see them pop up as in stock on the store on console (UK) when none of the other retail channels have any.

Was that Kotakuā€™s previous article to the Undead Labs one?

The Bloomberg opinion one

Thereā€™s so much quality journalism out there!