The Series X seems to be in steady supply right now. A blip or trend?

It’s currently in stock at Amazon.ca, and has been for at least the last seven hours. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

This should be another good month for XBox sales, love it. Well done Team Xbox

1 Like

Just checked. The X is even available at the MS Store in Switzerland. It was absolutely impossible to find here for the longest time.

1 Like

24 hours later, and it’s still in stock. Double :exploding_head:

That’s crazy.

Maybe people can’t afford it cause price of gas? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

So my daughter has been bugging my wife and I like crazy to upgrade her from her One S…I decided to give her my launch XSX and nabbed another one through All Access…

All Access is so brilliant to me…no up front cost and it’s paired with 2 years of GPU? Pffft such an easy decision.

The process was easy as hell, I had my console within 2 hours of starting everything.

I know some people have an aversion to basically doing a loan for a console but not having to pay anything up front, being able to make a low payment each month or pay it off whenever I want, and guaranteeing myself not having to deal with the hassle of tracking a console down was a no brainer.

Can’t recommend it enough…

10 Likes

All the shops I was checking daily trying to get a series X now have had them and the S in stock for weeks, really seems to have turned a corner at least over here (the UK).

PS5 looks as impossible to get as ever, I’ve not even been close to being able to get one. Not sure what’s happening with Sony but unless it can be sorted out in 5 months I can see xbox sweeping this holiday period.

1 Like

Especially if Microsoft go all aggressive and discount the Series S.

What can Xbox do to legally promote games such as Call of Duty or Hogwarts Legacy? Both games are tied to Playstation for promotional reasons, but things like trailers can be placed on the Xbox Youtube site. Could Xbox put text like “Call of Duty and Hogwarts Legacy are just a few of the games coming to Xbox this holiday season.” on advertisement material without encroaching Playstation’s rights?

Is there any interest %?

By being available in the stores :joy:

Nope. None at all.

1 Like

no - but you also can’t get any discounts on buying the 2 years of game pass through a retailer such as Amazon at a discount. Occasionally you can find it marked down to half price or so or buy one get one half off (effective discount of 25%) - might see that shortly for Prime Day.

Still a very cool program though and helpful for people that normally get ripped off by programs charging them high interest rates & sometimes overcharging for the upfront value as well. Rent-a-centers, that sort of place often have done this.

sounds good for families on a strict budget. Get a console right away with all the games you would want…

1 Like

yup, exactly. I personally prefer to pick stuff up after I’ve got money saved, but I can most definitely see the attraction of this. It’s nice to see stuff aimed at people with budgets that isn’t intentionally taking advantage of them.

1 Like

Exactly. Job done. Poor sony paying for marketing and people cant find the consoles in stores so they buy it on xbox.

Not saying xbox sells more but people will buy whatever console they can get to play it

Still in stock. At minimum, this means it’s been in stock at Amazon.ca for 80 hours. I wonder if this is just a lengthy blip, or truly the beginning of general availability in Canada.

No interest but you pay full price on 2 years of GPU (I think at the higher monthly rate). So you can’t do the buy 1,2,3, years of Gold and then upgrade it all to GPU for $1 trick (or $16? for someone who used up their $1 promo). If you do the cash up front I think you can do a Series X and 2 years of GPU for like $600 or so as opposed to like $840 split over 2 years (USA). Not sure if you can avoid sales tax in certain areas using the rent-to-own model, so tax may narrow the gap a bit.

If you are just someone who buys a console and just pays for GPU monthly like their Netflix or Prime like a lot of parents would, then this deal is a great option.

Two weeks later and it continues to be in stock.

I’ve obviously not kept constant watch over it, but I have checked in from time to time, and I’ve yet to see it out of stock.

I don’t know what the situation is like in other markets, but here in Canada it would appear the stock shortage is over. For now.

ETA: It’s in 8th place on the videogame bestseller list.

2 Likes

I am regular checking in Xbox owns store. The Xbox series X has been for more than a week available through it owns channels in The Netherlands. Xbox series X is sold out on our biggest e-tailer bol.com. Xbox series S is currently priced € 278,00 now.

2 Likes