The Series X seems to be in steady supply right now. A blip or trend?

I suspect it’s a given at this point, I still get tonnes of stock alerts for Xbox, but next to nothing for PS.

When we are gonna get NPD?

This friday

6 Likes
2 Likes

Microsoft’s website has Series X base console in stock. It was listed as Out of Stock just yesterday.

6 Likes

A comment by @Whistler in the market analysis thread made me curious about how Xbox is doing on the Amazon.co.jp videogame bestseller list, and turns out the Series S is currently in 27th place. And that’s with it not even being in stock currently. That must be a recent development, as Amazon tend to update their bestseller lists quite frequently.

The Series X and the PS5 didn’t make the top 100, but there’s six different Switches in spots 2, 13, 33, 44, 60, and 88.

As for Amazon.ca, the Series X isn’t on the list and the Series S is in 64th place. There’s no PS5 either, but they do have the number one slot in the form of a $10 gift card, while Xbox is in 3rd with a $15 gift card and Nintendo in 4th with a $5 gift card.

For whatever reason, Xbox continues to sell gift cards in higher denominations than the competition. The difference isn’t quite as marked as last time I mentioned this, but it’s a curious trend nonetheless.

3 Likes

I was lucky to pick up the XSX on launch day and now I just added the XSS. It’s great as a secondary console. It’s easy to find and at a nice price point. I also know of a couple of friends buying a XSX recently, so it has been in better supply.

6 Likes

A few Series X showed up in Sweden too, but just a blip on the radar for a few seconds. Demand is high, supply extremely low.

1 Like

Just looked at aus amazon list and Series S is sitting at #22, Series X not on the list.

1 Like

Meanwhile in the US…

Microsoft website still has Xbox Series X in stock.

Typical other stores only seem to have Series X AllAccess bundles for order.

Nearly every place seems to have Series S listed in stock.

1 Like

I believe Microsoft’s strategy of bundling XSX with a full price game or 6 months GPU is deterring scalpers. That’s why there’s still stock online and/or with All-access.

There’s no bundle required on Microsoft’s website at all. Hasn’t been required since April 30th so. They only required 3 months of GamePass around April 11th. Before that time was when they required a Game and GamePass. I’m surprised scalpers haven’t tried ordering directly from Microsoft – unless they have their own limits and checks put in place?

Interesting maybe it’s changed. In Canada’s Microsoft store it’s still listed as XSX Bundle.

1 Like

Previously they had per account limits. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

They still have verbiage of Bundle but the only required item is the base console itself. The rest are all (Optional).

After adding just the console to the bundle:

1 Like

Refurbished as well. Solid.

It’s currently in stock at Amazon.ca, and has been for at least the last seven hours. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

This should be another good month for XBox sales, love it. Well done Team Xbox

1 Like

Just checked. The X is even available at the MS Store in Switzerland. It was absolutely impossible to find here for the longest time.

1 Like

24 hours later, and it’s still in stock. Double :exploding_head: