The Series X & Backwards Compatibility

Hey guys,if anyone knows for sure please answer me. I have plenty of og xbox discs,can XSX play the actual disc or only digitally? (bad english,sorry)

Talking of BC, is there a list of game with variable resolution on Xbox One/X and with variable/unlocked frame rates?

Would love to see what games which struggled a bit on this gen hardware will fare on the Series hardware.

For example, you can turn off the FPS cap in No Manā€™s Sky, so on Series X youā€™d hopefully get 60 FPS even in quality mode thanks just to the extra horses in Series X.

1 Like

The disc counts as a digital token, just like on Xbox One S and X. Itā€™ll download the current compatible version and request the disc be inserted to play.

1 Like

Thanks!

I went to make a thread and luckily searched and found this one. I really really hope the BC program comes back full swing.

There are many many games that should have no licensing issues that still arenā€™t BC, particularly on OG Xbox.

Games I want back that should have no licensing issues:

• Sega Soccer Slam
  • Otogi
  • Gun Valkyrie
  • Fable
  • Halo CE
  • Halo 2
  • Manhunt
  • Counter Strike
  • Half Life 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Doom 3/Dark Resurrection
  • Virtua Fighter 5 (vanilla)

Games I want back that may or may not have some licensing issues:

• Dead or Alive Ultimate
  • Dead or Alive 3
  • Dead or Alive 4
  • The Club
  • Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing
  • SoulCalibur II
  • SoulCalibur IV

Games I want back that 100% licensing issues but are worth sorting out or paying for:

• Virtua Tennis 3
  • Virtua Tennis 4 (imagine being the only console on the market with an actually great Tennis game?)
  • Project Gotham Racing
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Rallisport Challenge
  • NBA Street Vol. 2
  • Def Jam Vendetta

Games I want back that just ainā€™t happening:

• X-Men Origins Wolverine
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • FIFA 06
  • FIFA 10
  • Forza Motorsport

Now, the interesting part is, some of the above are actually backwards compatible on Xbox 360. Some disc, some digitally. For example, both Manhunt and Sega Soccer Slam are backwards compatible on Xbox 360 and should have no licensing issues. So no real reason they shouldnā€™t be BC on Xbox One/Series

2 Likes

Iā€™m right there with you Nick. In addition to those, Iā€™d love a blanket BC addition for all of the XGS titles - including the titles from the recent acquisitions. I know the majority are but there are some omissions that would be great for completion:

• Mechassault
  • Hunted
  • Dark Messiah
  • etc.

I know they arenā€™t all gems, but I think if Xbox is serious about being the gaming archivists, having all of their titles available via BC seems like a necessity.

Edit: except Brute Forceā€¦ I think the world is a better place if we pretend it never existed. I know Phil does.

2 Likes

Hunted: The Demonā€™s Forgeā€¦ now thereā€™s a deep cut. Never did beat it back in the day but I would totally give it another try at 4K 60 fps.

1 Like

Max Payne 3 and GTA Vice City. Gimme!

1 Like

God how did I forget Max Payne 3

I bought that for $3AU digitally years ago with a price glitch hoping it would go BC. Again, another game that should have no licensing issues.

1 Like

ohā€¦hello

3 Likes

Animated GIF

I did suspect the backwards compatability program would be spun up again once the team finished up ensuring Xbox One games work on the Series consoles.

I am not using this as console war bait, but it sure will be a stark contrast when the PS3 store closes down and Xbox announces more new titles for the Xbox and 360 backwards compatability.

1 Like

ok itā€™s a nice addition the 60fps to some bc games but I want some new backwards compatible games,almost six months later from XSX release and we didnā€™t see any addition. the question is,will we see any new bc game?

NEED Simpsons Arcade and Turtles Arcade games added to back compat! :pray:

1 Like