The Series X & Backwards Compatibility

Max Payne 3 is all I need!

3554523-2451368835-maxpa

2 Likes

Pretty sure the team said they will continue to add games after the launch of the series X. I know it’s a pipedream but I’d love to see PGR4, enhanced with a rez boost to 4K, HDR, and doubling the frame rate to 60fps. I bet it would come close to looking like a PS4/XBO game.

Other games I’d like to see added:

-Max Payne 3

-Condemned 2

-DoA4

-Resonance of Fate

-Ninja Blade

-Wolverine X-men Origins

-Dragon Age Orignins

OG Xbox

-Advent Rising

-Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate Collection

-Jet Set Radio Future

-Shenmue 2

-Brothers in Arms

-Burnout 3

-Kingdom Under Fire

-Max Payne 1 & 2

-Mechassault 1 & 2

-Otogi 1 & 2

-Rallisport Challege 2

-Ghost Recon 1 & 2

-Amped 2

-Bloodwake

1 Like

I hope they add more games. I need Max Payne 3, Rallisport, PGR 4, Alpha Protocol, the 007 games, Condemned 2, Wolfenstein, Remember Me and Nier. And Alan Wake could really use a higher resolution.

1 Like

Anyone remember this? The replay feature is is great for it’s time

1 Like

Wreckless was great! Played it a bunch on the OG Xbox!

2 Likes

Aside from many listed, I’d throw in Crimson Skies. But honestly I’d rather see that as a full reboot with Series X focus. There could be stylized flight sim 2020 graphics and mixed sections with other vehicle types too.

But I digress. With my back log most of the games have already been listed. I hope they let us play both performance and high resolution modes in games like Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon, and Witcher 3 while bumping frame rate and draw distance in games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

Crimson Skies is already supported :grinning:

I was referring to additional series X enhancments. Or did I miss that in a list???

All OG Xbox Games are enhanced on both the One S and One X.

Edit: Oops sorry just realized you said Series X. Sorry!

My most wanted BC game by far is Skate 2. We have 1 and 3 so far, but 2 is my absolute favorite.

Games I want.

Should have no licensing issues:

OG Xbox

Sega Soccer Slam Gun Valkyrie Fable Halo Halo 2 Counter Strike Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil Deathrow

The Club Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing SoulCalibur 4 (at worst make Star Wars DLC unavailable) Virtua Fighter 5 Vanilla

Will have licensing issues (but worth working out):

OG Xbox

Dead or Alive Ultimate Dead or Alive 3 NBA Street Vol.2 Rallisport Challenge Project Gotham Racing

Virtua Tennis 3/4 Dead or Alive 4 X-Men Origins Wolverine Marvel Ultimate Alliance

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes. I really hope they add titles to backwards compatibility after series x is out.

2 Likes

Please for the love of God xbox bc team make sunset overdrive 60 fps. Since insomniac is most likely a Spiderman and ratchet factory, an enhanced sunset would be the closest we ever get to their best game ever.

1 Like

I hope to see

Max Payne 3 Topspin 4 Project Gotham Racing 4

1 Like

Yes! Give me that res boost as well and it will be pure gravy. I have mentioned this before but I felt Sunset Overdrive was the better game when compared to Spiderman. Maybe it was because it allowed Insomniac’s creativity to come more to the fore.

1 Like

This is how I feel as well I hate this new trend of games being movies with game elements. Sunset overdrive felt like a game from dreamcast that was crazy but just straight fun. Its why I love double fine games. They just make what ever there minds can think of instead of interactive movies. Movies are bound by being live action so the world’s they create straddle reality but video games can be anything you want it to be. I don’t need my games being like movies. I need my games to be outside of the box.

BC is so important to me and I’m really glad MS are pushing it and are right at the forefront.

6 Likes

The BC team at Xbox is truly remarkable.

2 Likes

In all honesty, that team sold me on Series X. Love the work they are doing for my favorite games and enhancing my monolithic backlog while I patiently wait for the full set of next gen enhancements in a year or two when developers really start to push and experiment with new boundaries and ideas.

1 Like

I would really love if they somehow managed to bring Buffy to BC (The xbox exclusive one which was great, that one that was multiplatform was a disaster)

1 Like