The second half of the year is upon us! What games do you intend to buy?

Bonus question: what are you playing via Game Pass?

What do I intend to buy?

• Monster Hunter Stories 2 (Nintendo Switch / July 9)
  • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Xbox / October 26)
  • Forza Horizon 5: Premium Add-Ons Bundle (Xbox / November 5)
  • Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond (Nintendo Switch / November 19)
  • FIFA 22 (Xbox / TBA)

On the fence:

• F1 2021 (July 16)
  • Samurai Warriors 5 (July 27)
  • Riders Republic (September 2)
  • Tales of Arise (September 10)
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (November 11)

Wait for a sale:

• Far Cry 6 (October 7)
  • Dying Light 2 (December 7)

Game Pass:

Animated GIF

Serious answer: Cris Tales, Microsoft Flight Simulator, The Ascent, Hades, 12 Minutes, Psychonauts 2, Sable, The Gunk, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite.

6 Likes

Game Pass: Scorn, Back 4 Blood, Flight Sim, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite

Intend to buy: Shin Megami Tensei V, Metroid Dread, Tales of Arise, Ys IX PC, Lost Judgment

On the fence: Dying Light 2, Battlefield 2042, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Warioware Get It Together

Wait for a sale: Far Cry 6, No More Heroes 3 (maybe even wait for a port cuz that Switch footage looked BAD performance wise)

1 Like

Only game Intend to buy is dying light 2. Far cry 6 is wait for sale. maybe metroid but horzion FW is also wait for sale on ps4. Everything else is gamepass. I also have to play Resident evil 8. Im playing 7 right now so 8 will be wait for sale. Probably when it hits 30 bucks

1 Like

Not buying any games. Just injecting all the game pass games into my veins.

Actually the one thing I’ll be buying will be the premium DLC add on bundle for Forza Horizon 5.

5 Likes

Day one buys:

• Scarlet Nexus
  • Sonic Colors Ultimate
  • Tales of Arise
  • Lost Judgment

Wait for a sale:

• Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
  • Riders Republic
  • Battlefield 2042 (either a sale or EA Play)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • CrossfireX

Game Pass:

• The Ascent
  • Hades
  • 12 Minutes
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • The Gunk
  • Halo Infinite
1 Like

Gamepass: Scorn, the ascent, psychonauts 2, 12 minutes, back4blood, halo infinite, the gunk

Might Buy: Battlefield 2042 ( if i like it after the 10 hour trial through EA Play) and Dying Light 2 (if the reviews are really good)

Basically im a broke college fresh grad who lives off of gamepass

1 Like

Game Pass buys: FH5 premium add-on (I cannot wait 4 days, lmao and I’m still undecided if I’ll buy the steelbook like FH4), Halo Infinite physical edition (I have all of them, including the OG ones from when I bought them 20 years ago)

Other buys: Lost Judgement, Diablo 2 Resurrected

Maybe: BF 2042 (I’m still on the fence, here in EU it costs like 80€, 100€ or even 120€ with 10% discount with EA Play, but it’s too much anyway for the next gen version, it’s bullshit). FC6 (I’ll wait and see sales and reviews, it seems too similar to 5 which I already own).

Game Pass downloads: The Ascent, Flight Sim (I’ll fly home and then uninstall I think, but it’s worth a try), Hads, 12 minutes, Sable (a little mixed after the demo), Scorn (IF it will release), The Gunk, Psychonauts 2.

I would love to try AoE 4, I’m a longstanding fan of the series, but my pc is not up to the task unfortunately (it struggles hard with AoE 2 DE), so I’ll wait for a console port (lmao) or pc game streaming, my gaming pc days are long gone.

1 Like

Already pre-ordered Diablo 2 & Guardians of the Galaxy.

In Game Pass; The Ascent, Sable, Psychonauts, Forza Horizon & Halo are the standout titles that I’m excited for. Intrigued by 12 Minutes, Shredders & The Gunk.

There are so many games…

Edit: It just occured to me that I forgot to mention Horizon Forbidden West, Kena & Metroid Dread, which all look like must-haves for me as well.

There are so many games!

1 Like

Last Judgement, Tales of Arise, Dying Light 2 and eventually Halo Infinite for the collection.

2 Likes

Scarlet nexus preordered, sims cottage living exp preordered, king’s bounty 2, tales of arise, gaurdians of the galaxy, any other unannounced sims 4 dlc…rest are gamepass announced games…

1 Like

Edited my post. Scarlet Nexus is a day one purchase now that reviews are out (and they’re very solid).

2 Likes

Lost Judgment is the one game im confident I’m buying day 1. I still haven’t played Resi Village or Nier Replicant so I’ll buy them at some point.

3 Likes

Guaranteed Purchases -

• Far Cry 6 (disc)
  • Dying Light 2 (digital, ultimate edition)
  • Horizon II: Forbidden West (ps5, disc, if released)
  • Bright Memory Infinite (digital, if released)
  • Crossfire X (campaign only, digital, if released)

50/50 Purchases -

• Kena: Bridge of Spirits (ps5, digital, will wait on reviews)
  • Evil West (if released, will wait on reviews)

Game Pass -

• The Ascent
  • Halo Infinite
1 Like

Hopefully, just Metroid Dread for me to save my wallet…but Mario Golf…

1 Like

In terms of actually buying games (i.e. not Game Pass), I’m on the fence with Tales of Arise and Far Cry 6. I might not actually buy any $60 games this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would have been a nice gamepass game but the reviews are looking very solid. Better than i expected honestly.

3 Likes

@peter42O was planning on Kena but after seeing some gameplay and stuff it looks pretty boring.

Kena a game that has been promoting itself based on pre-rendered CG trailers and not actual gameplay which is concerning for a game that drops in 2 months.

Sorry wrong thread ! :sweat_smile:

I can’t shake the feeling that there is going to be a lot of disappointment around this game when it launches. People are really building up hype around it that I don’t think the game is going to deliver on.

I can tell you what the actual overhyping comes from and its not from it looking really nice for an indie game.