The second half of the year is upon us! What games do you intend to buy?

Oh, I forgot about SMT V!

I’ll put that and Samurai Warriors 5 on my fence list aswell.

Buying :

September : Lost Judgement, (Diablo II Resurrected, maybe)

October : BF2042, Guardians of the Galaxy, (Metroid Dread eventually)

November : FH5 Ultimate add-on (if not included in GP)

December : Dying Light 2 (Far Cry 6… maybe)

GP : all the rest

GP and MS rewards will help a lot, because that’s a lot of expensive games…

I know Kena is more about exploration than combat but a few preview videos I watched said that the combat was good and challenging, even a little souls like. My only concern is how long it will be considering that it’s $40 but at the same time, saving $20 from not having to buy The Ascent due to it being in Game Pass, it’s almost like a $20 game instead. It’s still two months away and im sure that there will be more previews closer to release.

I believe that the game will be an 8+ for most that play it. It’s not going to be in the elite tier but not bad either. Like I said to Javier, I know the game is more based around exploration than combat so if people end up being disappointed by that, then that will be on those people.

Non-Game Pass: Lost Judgment and the FH5 Ultimate upgrade DLC.

Game Pass: FS2020, The Ascent, FH5, Halo: Infinite, Psychonauts 2, Hades, AoEIV.

Almost the same for me! I don’t need to buy many games at all. I’ll pick up a few on sale later on, like FC6, unless they come to Game Pass later.

The premium add-on bundle for Forza Horizon 5 and Battlefield 2042 is it for me this year.

Day One buys: Deathloop, Metroid Dread, and Shin Megami Tensei V

Interested: Tales of Arise, Life is Strange: True Colors, WarioWare: Get it Together, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania, Mario Party: Superstars, and Dying Light 2

Game Pass: 12 Minutes, Psychonauts 2, The Gunk, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo Infinite

I’m probably missing stuff because this year is so stacked! Trying to keep my day one buys to a minimum and take advantage of Game Pass.

1 Like

Tales Of Arise, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Gotham Knights.

Definite Buys

• Forza Horizon 5 (w/ Premium Bundle)
  • Death’s Door
  • Metroid Dread

Maybes

• Rider’s Republic
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2
  • Life Is Strange: True Colors

Game Pass (only including titles releasing day 1 on GP)

• Cris Tales
  • Sable
  • Hades
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Halo Infinite
1 Like

To be honest I’ll only likely be buying Diablo II Remastered.

Everything else that I’m really looking forward to is coming to Game Pass starting with Flight Sim and The Ascent next month. Going to be a really fun and busy second half of the year!

Buying:

• Guardians of the Galaxy

• Ghost of Tsushima Expansion

• Horizon Forbidden West

• Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle

• SMT V

50/50:

• Deathloop

• Ghostwire

• Dying Light 2

• Advance Wars

• Riders Republic

Game Pass:

All 5 Xbox First Party releases and Third Party games of interest.

I would buy Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Edition and Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition physically but I don’t see nowhere any pre-orders. Looks like they will just Standard Editions physically and then I would need to buy digital upgrades.

Which is strange for Forza Horizon which had nice physical Ultimate Edition with steelbooks. I hope it’s some kind of aftermath of Xbox Game Pass and we would have only standard editions for physicals with single exceptions (like Halo Infinite or Starfield probably).

I would also buy Psychonauts 2 physically both for Xbox and PlayStation 4, but Double Fine said they don’t have any plans for retail release for now unfortunately. Which is strange, because Microsoft should provide any support in that aspect. Especially for a game that costs $59.99.

Life is Strange: True Colors is also on my day one list. And again. So shame there’s not Ultimate Edition available physically and also I don’t see any digital upgrade add-on. If there would something like this then I would pre-order standard in the box.

Definitely I’ll try The Ascent. If I’ll like it and it’ll have physical I’ll buy day one. I’m also waiting for CrossfireX but for now we again still don’t have nothing for about a year.

I don’t think there’ll be new physical release of A Plague Tale: Innocence for Xbox Series X. If not, then I’ll just play it through Xbox Game Pass as it’s still available.

12 Minutes looks very promising. Playing through Xbox Game Pass, but maybe Annapurna Interactive will handle some physicals as well.

The Medium is going to be released physically so I’ll buy it definitely. I’ll also need to finish some achievements to get 1000 G.

I’ll wait for Kena: Bridge of Sprits and Stray (if it’ll be good, teaser was quite cute) when they’ll be launched on Xbox after console timed exclusivity for PlayStation will be gone.

Where did you see Forza Horizon 5 with steelbook? :face_with_monocle:

I bought FH4 steelbook in 2018, I expect there will be one for 5.

physical: microsoft flight simulator (if I could somewhere that has that in the uk), FH5 ultimate (also if I can find that in UK), halo infinite, Lego star wars (if it is this year)

digital:psychonauts 2, hades, tunic, few more indies.

bonus: I don’t have GP, and I don’t want it, cause I know my own mind. I’ll get choice paralysis, then prob go back to a game I already own. At least with buying my games, its one new game at a time, so its that being played

I’m a game pass subscriber. I don’t buy games :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo Scorn The Gunk Psychonauts 2 Horizon 5 Yakuza Like a Dragon The Ascent 12 Minutes

Battlefield 2042

Gamepass covers everything else for me

10 DVDs for the PC version of FlightSim by Aerosoft.

It would be interesting to see how they physically publish this game for the console.

Can’t budget for games. Slightly pricey for us here. But here goes -

Buying - Might buy Death’s Door on Steam. Don’t know how they are going to bundle Halo Battlepass in Gamepass, but will be looking out for that for sure.

Mostly relying on Gamepass: Looking out for all the fresh indies - 12 minutes, The Gunk, Ascent, Psychonauts 2, and a small indie title called Halo Infinite made by a promising studio called 343i. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Psychonauts 2 will challenge for the best platformer given Tim Shafer’s genius.

Gamepass pretty much has me covered. Highlights for me are Psychonauts, Hades, Ascent, Halo, Forza, Shredders and B4B.

Probably gonna check out Deaths Door, Tales of Arise and if they release then Tunic and Echo Generation the first two are depending on people’s consensus on the games the following are for sure day 1.

Outside of that it’s probably just Metroid Dread and Pokémon remakes. Even when Pokémon is meh there’s no game series that lets me feel like a kid again for 20 hours like those games do.

I searched many stores and they have only Standard Edition physically for Forza Horizon 5 :pleading_face: