The not-so-official XboxEra Community Survey

Hello everyone,

As XboxEra is turning 3.5 years old, I thought it would be a good idea to get the opinion of our community on our content, our site and the community we’ve built. I do this without the consent of our Editor-in-Chief, as I’m a rebel at heart.

So… let’s start with the survey.

Which type of content from XboxEra do you often interact with?
  • XboxEra Podcast
  • XboxEra Reviews (Written and/or video)
  • You Had Me At Halo Podcast
  • XboxEra Reacts (Live events)
  • DayOne (dayone.xboxera.com & the DayOne videos)
  • Coffee with Cabesa (livestreams)
  • none

0 voters

I’ve visited the XboxEra frontpage in the past month
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’ve visited dayone.xboxera.com in the past month
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’ve watched an XboxEra video review in the past month
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I feel like being part of the XboxEra Community
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’m an XboxEra Patreon member
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I wish you did more
  • News reporting
  • Podcasts
  • Tech analysis
  • Reviews
  • Livestreams (like Coffee with Cabesa)
  • Community Events
  • It’s fine! Just keep doing what you’re doing!
  • Other (Shout in the thread!)

0 voters

I ordered the XboxEra book! :wink:
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

My favourite two parts of XboxEra are
  • XboxEra Forums
  • XboxEra Podcast
  • XboxEra Reviews (Written and/or video)
  • You Had Me At Halo Podcast
  • XboxEra Reacts (Live events)
  • DayOne (dayone.xboxera.com & the DayOne videos)
  • Coffee with Cabesa (livestreams)

0 voters

Overall I’d rate this website and community a (out of 10):

0 voters

And finally; please shout what you would like to see from us in this thread. We’re a passionate team of 18 volunteers building this community. Sometimes we hit gold, sometimes we don’t. But we can always try to improve!

4 Likes

Oh, important note: it’s anonymous :stuck_out_tongue:

love the community here. Felt bad I had money issues so had to cancel patron for this month but be back next month. you guys are worth the money

1 Like

I selfishly just want more of everything :wink: You’re all doing great work and this is almost the only gaming news related site I need now.

A huge shoutout to Jesse though, he is fundamental to this place. If you could clone him, that’ll be great.

To be a bit more specific though, I’d like more podcasts and livestreams. It’s always nice to be able to interact with the great people in and around XboxEra.

9 Likes

It can be official you rebel you!

1 Like

What would be the fun in that?!

3 people have voted ‘Other’ in what they’d like to see from us. Are there certain ideas we should know about?

1 Like

I would love to see a podcast that is not “news” related. The current podcasts are great, but they tend to revolve around “what happened this week” - which is how almost all gaming podcasts operate.

What I would like to see is a podcast with one or more hosts that brings in guests to take deep dives on the many ongoing games in the Xbox ecosystem. So, do a week on Fallout 76, a week on ESO, a week on Grounded, a week on State of Decay, etc. You could not only discuss what is great about the game, but how new players can get into it, etc.

By the time you cycle through all of the ongoing games there would probably be enough new to discuss to start the cycle over.

I know we have players in this community who have spent 1,000 hours in Fallout 76, ESO, etc. I would love to hear from them about what keeps them going back to those games.

I know the Halo podcast exists, so I’m sure it already does some of what I’m asking for. (The few times I have watched it have been on big news weeks, so the podcast focused on the news.) But Xbox has many huge ongoing games besides Halo. They may not all be big enough to justify their own podcast, but together (and with the guests) they probably can.

In addition to the revolving deep dives on ongoing games, this could be the podcast that takes deep dives on all the new releases. There isn’t really time on the main podcast to spend two hours on a new release, but there probably should be a place to do that. (I don’t mean a two hour review - this would need to happen a couple of weeks after release so people have time to dive in fully explore the game.)

In short, I would like a podcast that really focuses on getting deep into the games - to celebrate the gamers who love them and perhaps help those of us who have not played those games see what is great about them.

6 Likes

1 Like

A “game of the month” so to speak? Like if we dove in as a team and did an hour or two patreon podcast about Deathloop? That could be fun, any extra content would most likely have to be patreon timed/fully exclusive as we’re already at capacity for the “free” stuff.

7 Likes

That would do it. :grinning:

1 Like