The King of Fighters XV is coming to Xbox Series X|S in 2022

Needs crossplay.

That’s great news. The fighting game genre really needs a boost on Xbox.

I wish guilty gear strive was on Xbox. I’m playing it on PC and it It is a truly amazing game.

4 Likes

Pc game pass isn’t as simple as xbox. Publishers aren’t going to cannibalize other stores sales or contracts to put it on gamepass for a competing store on the same platform. This is why games like outriders wasn’t on pc gamepass. It’s much easier to do deals for xbox gamepass. Pc has steam and epic store and publishers aren’t going to out their games on pc day 1 as it’s a huge revenue stream. Ms would have to pay well over the odds as well isn’t viable for most 3rd party games

I’m fine with console gamepass tbh. I barely game on pc and when I do I get cheap steam sales.

NEW Trailer today. So glad this is coming to Xbox. 14 skipped xbox and i was very VERY worried this would too. Don’t want PS5 to have a monopoly on japanese Fighting games this gen.

Can’t wait. Day one buy for me.

3 Likes

I’m glad so many games are sticking with the $60 price. It skipping Xbox One is surprising, though.

2 Likes

70 bucks seems to be a Sony and greedy ass publishers like ea and activision thing

And you’re right. Didn’t notice it wasn’t coming to Xbox one. So effectively snk gave up on the Xbox one for KF because 13 was a 360 game.

1 Like

Why no Xbox One? it coming to PS4 so. Also it looks like it could run on Xbox 360 lol it not anything amazing looking so what their excuse?

Dope! This is great news

They’re japanese…XD

Jokes aside, I can’t find a reasonable one, it’s not for tech issues, the game seems straight from 10 years ago, maybe is another Sony malicious deal, or maybe the only like the make no sense, like Judgement Series only and Lost Judgment on X1, lmao.

Got my eye on this one. I’ll probably skip it at launch and wait for some kind of all-DLC-included edition, but it looks neat. Glad to see Xbox get more fighting games.

1 Like

Excuse is probably limited resources and a native Series XS version was easier and more convenient due to them making a next gen version to begin with. Also they haven’t put a single game on Xbox one so maybe they thought it was pointless and wanted to focus on one box line of consoles instead of two.

I can understand it. I’m just grateful its coming out on any box system at all.

And the way it looks has nothing to do with it. If that was the case why not put it on Switch?

Sony wouldn’t pay to have a last gen exclusive lol. I know they waste money on deals but this isn’t one of them.

And Judgement Port was developed for next gen only. Since Lost Judgement is coming out for PS4 they developed the PS4 XO versions together as theyre both last gen systems.

Could they have put Judgement on XO…probably. But they clearly didn’t want to do the extra work.

Anyway you put it these devs/pubs always make confusing decisions concerning Xbox.

Not confusing. Just a bit unfair at times.

At this rate, it’s very likely Series consoles will have sold more in Japan at the time of this game’s release than the entirety of Xbox One generation’s sales. The skipping of Xbone is weird, but kinda understandable in this context

3 Likes

Yeah, this.

1 Like

I think Japan hardware sales are irrelevant for xbox. Devs sort of ignore it completely. They look at western sales and right now ps5 and XSX/S are neck and neck in NA and the sales is a lot closer than it was between ps4 and XO.

Expected it would come. SNK spoke publicly about how their exclusivity for fighting games with Sony bit them in the ass, and Samurai Showdown was apparently well received on xbox given their support.

I find particularly amusing when these deals backfire, like SFV lol.

2 Likes

Speculative, but I would suggest that Sony tied all these fighting games into deals where they couldn’t come to the Xbox One, but the deals said nothing about Xbox Series, so unless they sign a new deal they can come to the new Xboxes. That would be my guess anyway.