The Initiative game could be not the game we are waiting for

I agree completely. Just have to wait and see what it is.

1 Like

Exactly, I know…that was my point.

Microsoft gets shit on no matter what they do. So if they do something that ALSO doesn’t align with their ill-conceived expectations, it only makes it worse.

Again, if you (not you personally) actually watch the entire segment of the podcast, this should be fairly obvious. But it’s clear who did and who didn’t watch.

8 Likes

I’d rather it not be episodic but I wouldn’t mind it being like the Hitman route. We’ll see I guess, no point panicking this early…especially when we know nothing.

Notice how it’s always bad news, we haven’t even bloody heard or seen anything since they announced the studio and people are already concerned about the game… actually we did hear something recently about the devs kid playing the game which opened the flood gates to concern.

I don’t understand why people can’t just wait and see what the actual game is first before already cancelling your fake preorder for a game which hasn’t been announced or even teased.

2 Likes

If your expecting a last of us you will be disappointed and that’s on you tbh

Let the initiative make the game they want to make. Isn’t that what everyone wants?

6 Likes

Have you heard any more about the studio(s) you previously teased?

I wonder with the rumor of it being a episodic game and the rumor taking place in the perfect dark universe and not following Joanna that i could be an episodic following different agents. This would allow them to create games that follow maybe a general story arc between the games while doing condensed stories following new agents.

Having different agents would allow different game mechanics to easily be implemented as it would make sense. This could have games the length of miles morales or even slightly longer depending on their vision while still fitting the episodic format which isn’t bad big time a format like this where it is a different character your following each episode.

Granted this is just my 2 cents and I could be way off in left field or even the parking lot lol.

1 Like

It depends on what the game actually is… If it’s a quirky, cartoony, mp, episodic game… Yeah, I won’t pretend to not be disappointed.

2 Likes

After completing TLOUP2 back in June, I can guarantee that’s definitely not what I want. At least not when it comes to the story/characters/narrative aspects.

Studios in my opinion should have a few prototypes and those in charge overall should pick the title that they see as having the best potential for growth and to become a franchise. Sometimes, the studios and those working in the studio do need a strict person above them because that’s how you keep order and everything structured. Otherwise, it can turn out bad.

Nope and I assure you I’ve been asking. Much like Bethesda it seems they’re keeping it very close to the chest

2 Likes

Let’s be honest here Ed, most people outside of XboxEra are going to hear what you said from a secondary source, it’s being extensively passed around and used as ammo for console wars.

And it’s understandable, in some ways, too. You clearly went too far - to suggest people will actually lose faith in XGS over this one single game was wildly unfounded and thus absolutely FUD.

I’m not saying you have to always curtail your opinion, but the narrative around this game is decidedly negative now - not because it could be episodic, but because an XboxEra Insider thinks it will be so poorly received that it will taint every other MS first party game by association in the eyes of many.

The episodic nature of the game could actually be really good. Maybe it works well with Game Pass? Maybe it’s like FF7R and feels complete? But because it was originally framed in the context of suspected negativity, that’s fuel on the fire for the “Xbox mismanages their studios” argument. It’s all such a shame.

We’ll see. Glancing at the ResetError thread you’d think someone had committed a hate crime, but it sounds fine? We have no idea what it’ll be.

1 Like

Question…did you actually watch the episode/segment?

Because what you’re saying to me here seems to indicate you haven’t.

3 Likes

That would actually look worse… games changing to adapt to Game Pass? Yeah now you really get the morons riled up.

1 Like

There’s some context to this. People who had put all their hopes on, what some people call a Sony game, from The Initiative would be disappointed in XGS as a whole. That’s a different take.

And I think there is some truth to it. There are people who want third person narrative experience from XGS and were looking at The Initiative to get exactly that. Getting something entirely different could sour some people on Xbox.

It’s not that controversial…

5 Likes

Only garbo warriors think like that. I guess some people just don’t want to know unless it’s a TPS with kids used as emotional props in it.

2 Likes

Yes, hence the “morons”.

Gotcha, sounds good. I wonder if Bethesda affected anything.

It’s not about me, Ed.

As I said, most people will not watch it, there’s an article about it, two massive threads on Resetera and GAF respectively and endless tweets, all using it to console war.

Putting out the fire your comments started here does nothing. I see Xbox fans jumping to downplay XboxEra’s integrity as they get trolled about this and I just think it’s a damned shame that could have been avoided.

It’s completely controversial, there will be people disappointed and leave over anything/everything, but that doesn’t mean an unannounced game that could actually be amazing needs that stigma attached to it.

We should be looking to change the narrative to a positive one about Xbox. It’s perfectly possible to convey thoughts on an episodic game without suggesting people will lose faith in 23 Xbox first party studios because of it.

1 Like

Not going to panic yet, but I want more third-person narrative games from XGS. It won’t “sour” me, but I’d be disappointed

1 Like