The Hitman trilogy is coming to Xbox Game Pass on January 20

Originally published at: The Hitman trilogy is coming to Xbox Game Pass on January 20 - XboxEra

In the Hitman Year 2 reveal stream IO Interactive announced that the Hitman World of Assassination trilogy is coming to Xbox Game Pass on January 20. This means subscribers can play the full trilogy with the service. The Hitman trilogy includes Hitman 1, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 in one single package. It’ll be available for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC.

HITMAN Trilogy includes all three games from the World of Assassination. Available digitally on January 20 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Epic Games Store. As well as Steam and Xbox Game Pass.

Watch the full @HITMAN 3 Year 2 reveal here: https://t.co/1SODjYBTQC pic.twitter.com/0o4gvAj7WK

— IO Interactive (@IOInteractive) January 13, 2022

But, IO Interactive announced more during this stream. They also revealed HITMAN Freelancer, a single-player mode for Hitman 3 which includes roguelike elements. It’s coming this spring.

Another game mode they announced was Elusive Target Arcade. Which is an evolution of the Elusive Target concept. IO Interactive summarizes it like this:

If you fail an Arcade Contract at any point, there will be a 12-hour lockout before you can retry the contract again from the start. This lockout enables us to keep the high-stakes gameplay that is a hallmark of Elusive Targets, whilst also giving players a clear indication of when they are able to play a particular Elusive Target again.

Crucially, Arcade Contracts are permanent additions to HITMAN 3. Once we add one to the game, they won’t go away.

Our aims with this game mode are; to give players the chance to engage and play Elusive Target content more frequently, provide a new challenge for long-time players in the Elusive Target game mode, create a new type of recurring content that will reward players with desirable unlocks.

If you fail an Arcade Contract at any point, there will be a 12-hour lockout before you can retry the contract again from the start. This lockout enables us to keep the high-stakes gameplay that is a hallmark of Elusive Targets, whilst also giving players a clear indication of when they are able to play a particular Elusive Target again.

Crucially, Arcade Contracts are permanent additions to HITMAN 3. Once we add one to the game, they won’t go away.

Our aims with this game mode are; to give players the chance to engage and play Elusive Target content more frequently, provide a new challenge for long-time players in the Elusive Target game mode, create a new type of recurring content that will reward players with desirable unlocks.

Elusive Target Arcade is launching on January 20th. You can watch the full Year 2 Reveal Stream below:

13 Likes

Best news in this is I dont gotta put my Hitman 3 disc anymore.

3 Likes

Never played Hitman3, really looking forward to this. Seems like Xbox and IOI are cozy.

5 Likes

Best thing it absolutely has is playing the whole trilogy inside it. Truly defines what a game platform is.

1 Like

You mean you fire up one game and you can start all them from there?

1 Like

Awesome news. Hope they join Xbox next :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Using Hitman 3 you can play through all of the games in it which means you get the performance gains pretty much.

1 Like

Don’t own any of these but was planning to get to them this year, great news.

I own all of these games but this is great news!

Oh yes… Gamepass is the best

Not having to put my Hitman 3 disc on >>

1 Like

Yo I can stop bullying people into buying the series so I’m happy.

4 Likes

Crazy good :green_heart:.

Lol when I had the XB1 I had like 3 disc games that I dreaded putting on whenever I wanted to play them

Every week the already insane value of Game Pass gets more insane of a value!

6 Likes

With this, this month is officially Trilogy Month for Game Pass. Awesome get. I can’t wait to play the last two.

3 Likes

The Hitman trilogy is so great. The way IOI managed to keep and refresh the identity & strengths of the series while adapting it to a modern, semi-live service model that was good for them and their fans, is really praiseworthy. Hopefully this is another clue and start of the IOI & Xbox relationship that ends in an acquisition.

3 Likes

It’s kinda crazy how once this month ends we’ve had SIX triple A games dropping on the service.

2 Likes

And it’s only month 1.

1 Like

Hell yeah! Own them all, but truly amazing games! :slight_smile:

1 Like